[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - skylanders vs disney infinity

skylanders vs disney infinity

skylanders vs disney infinity

Postby Omenix » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:12 pm

I find that the story in di is bland and gets stale very quickly, but in skylanders each level feels like a new story with new characters. And all the characters have 2 attacks long range and short range, but most characters are based around lasers or similar long ranged attacks so you get a feeling like "you can choose from 20 different marvel characters but they're all the same, laser and punch! Buy them all!" This isnt helped by the fact that only some characters can fly so why even get the others when they are actually worse? On another note di2.0 is exactly the same as the original, only difference new characters which would have had anyway. Im not saying skylanders is perfect, but seriously disney, you need to get your act together.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: skylanders vs disney infinity

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:16 pm

I don't know if 1ofWiisdom wants to bring about Disney Infinity subjects on here at all, so I just haven't brought it up.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Teepo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:52 pm

I can't really speak for Disney Infinity 2 as I haven't picked that up but I did get started in the whole toys to life thing with Disney Infinity. I have to admit, that game disappointed me which is why I started reading up on Swap Force and it sounded so much better that I decided to give it a shot. Since then my DI collection hasn't grown while my Skylanders collection continues to expand.

Some of my biggest problems with DI were the fact that you couldn't use all figures in every playset and leveling up your characters was pretty pointless. All characters played exactly the same aside from one special move. I hear they changed that for DI 2 though and gave characters skill trees for leveling up so I might check that out later down the line.
Teepo
Mabu

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:05 am

I have been/still am very busy...I will get back in the swing of things this week though.

I plan to make a new subforum for other games, and then if any just blow up (MK8, Minecraft, Destiny, etc), I will consider making them their own stand alone subforum. So if there is a lot of overlap with infinity fans I have no issues giving you a place to discuss it etc...it will just be as a subforum on a Skylander forum and I won't be there to offer any insights of any value :lol:

But as for me personally, I can never answer anyone's questions about disney infinity because I have never played it and never plan to play it. At E3 several were wanting to go thru the infinity line to get the free Venom, or whatever they were giving out...I told them I was going to Nintendo's area, lol. That pretty much sums up how I feel about infinity.

I get daily questions on when I'll play infinity etc. It has zero appeal for me. A lot of people get into what they think will get them views on YouTube, perks, or whatever else...I will always play games that I want to play, not games that are popular, will get views, or are offered to me (and yes, I had infinity offered to me early its first year). I have done and plan to do more playthroughs of games that are probably a 2 in 10 on the popularity scale, lol...If I like it and enjoy it, I'm good.

It is painful to watch some people review/play games and franchises that they honestly could care less about...You see it with Skylanders, Minecraft, Mario Kart, the big FPS, honestly most anything...some just go for the bandwagon. If someone wanted me to play a game I wasn't interested in I would be doing a disservice not only to them and other viewers, but myself. I'm much happier investing that time into something I enjoy, like Skylanders :mrgreen:
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:41 am

I completely agree, and while di doesnt bring the same joy skylanders does, I will play a bit more after ive done a whole lot eith tt.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:47 am

Yeah, every game is worth exploring all the way thru...I've had several over the years that have been total duds early on and later evolve into some pretty fun experiences.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:50 am

I completely agree, games are one of those things that cant be completely understood without a full play through.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby mr_grizzly » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:35 pm

The story playthroughs in Disney Infinity are way shorter than Skylanders, less exploration and replay value. The Toy Box may or may not interest people. I do like that characters can level up and have skill trees. My oldest nephew and niece played the Avengers playset for a few hours yesterday and finished the story mode. The characters can only go up to level 20; therefore, there are not enoug skill points to get all skills - BUT there is nowhere in their playthrough that they found cautions to choose their skills carefully (the game does let you reset a character's skill points at level 10 ONCE and once again at level 20 - though we found that out when my niece did it by accident). Also, the enemies in DI 2.0 are hard to beat - there is no scaling of chapters/sections in story mode to correspond with the characters' skill levels (such as damage output) - whereas all the Skylanders games do that. First few levels are extremely easy, but the difficulty does ramp up.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby Camulus75 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:46 pm

I picked up DI 1 for cheap last month and found it very repetitive. 2.0 looked a lot more fun so preordered it the same day. Got DI 2.0 home and finished the Avengers playset in 4-5 hours. It does not allow you to replay the missions without restarting your save file and and at the same time overwrites you previous save file! Wasted a bunch a money on it which should have gone in to picking up more Skylanders to be honest. The figures are very nicely done and looks cool to have Avengers on your shelf. As a game though, I cannot recommend it. If they would have made it more like Skylanders, I would have two collections instead of now looking to sell off my DI sets.
Camulus75
Rookie

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:24 am

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Next