[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Levelling Up And Collecting Gold Tips

Levelling Up And Collecting Gold Tips

Levelling Up And Collecting Gold Tips

Postby mr_grizzly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:05 am

I was thinking we could post some ideas on levelling up faster or collecting gold.

When a new box appears in the hub (for increasing your portal master rank), always stand beside it and not under it, so when it is opened you do not automatically collect it if it is gold or a ball (which gives you a one level increase). Put in a high level skylander to grab the level up. For example, one of my Drobots was level 16. I used the level up for him to save some time - don't use it for a low level skylander that you could quickly level up anyway through a moderate amount of gameplay.

When playing Kaos' Doom Challenges, after a wave is complete (but before you collect any gold or experience) put in a low level skylander to give a quick experience boost when you start the next wave, or put in one that you are wanting to upgrade -especially after a series of waves is complete when the area is covered with money and a treasure chest is there to be opened. All gold is automatically collected when the next wave is started (so it is easy to pop in a character for the gold and exp, then switch them back out to whichever character you are playing the waves with).

I think Skylander Dad came up with this basic plan. The Sky Diamond now is short and gives you money only for breakin destructible objects - so use it when you have an area filled with them (such as the start of an arena or Kaos challenge), then use a skylander with a long range attack to break a lot of objects before the diamond runs out. The Piggy Bank gives you increased coins from killing enemies or using after a wave of the Kaos challenges is done (his suggestion was to use it after your towers were level three). Remember you can pull the Piggy Bank off the portal andput it back on at the end of the next round (to make it last longer).
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Re: Levelling Up And Collecting Gold Tips

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:42 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:21 pm

I posted up on my thread about the Kaos Challenge Turret Upgrades that it dawned on me that all my Mini's (the 4 from Spyro's and the 4 from Giants) can only gather cash and level up in Trap Team. Anywhere else they just show up as a sidekick!..lol. So I took them thru Kaos Challenge Lvel 4, i believe. (Lvls 20-30). Good money (7-9 Thousand) and they ended up at levels 7-10, depending on where I started with them. The money upgraded most of them right up to their respective Soul Gem Upgrades. I have about 7 winged sapphires at this point.
On a sad note, I forgot to try out any of the money magic items!! D'oh!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Teepo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:42 am

I think skylander dad posted a new video that showed a new and faster way of gaining gold recently. It involved chomp chest and his ability to locate gold. There are apparently 3 spots to dig for treasure near the beginning of the first chapter and you can collect 3k gold in about 20-30 seconds and then restart the chapter and do it over again.
Teepo
Mabu

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 am

Chomp Chest is in Chapter 7 is he not? I am hoping to stream 6 & 7 tomorrow night (well technically tonight, Friday)...I am pretty sad I can't use the Sky Diamond at the Training Ground with Persephone.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:35 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Yeah, I found out about it earlier on. Evolved form has a larger scan also. Doesn't give more gold tho.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I've been playing with the Chomp Chest since the stream the other night...

I found that he does NOTHING at the Academy, which is a downer imo. I really liked the SWAP Force Sky Diamond trick at the training grounds. In Chapter 1 I found 3 places very early, before any enemy action. I coursed the rest of that level and got nothing. I replayed one of the chapters and could only find 3, and they were strung out. Chapter 1 looks to be the quickest bang for the buck at this point in time.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Skylanders Trap Team