[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Least Impressive New Characters

Least Impressive New Characters

Least Impressive New Characters

Postby mr_grizzly » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 am

Of course, this is based on each person's own experience and preferences, but out of the new characters you've purchased or seen gameplay of, who are you least interested in or impressed by?

I got Fist Bump last night and there doesn't seem to be that much to him yet. Pretty unimpressive attacks - except when he jumps in the air and slams in the ground.

Torch never really interested me before - but now watching 1ofwiisdom's and Coinop's videos on her, I am intrigued and looking forward to her upgrades.

Shroomboom I never really got into but I am actually looking forward to his new Wow Ppw ability.

Head Rush also doesn't interest much, but I don't have that character yet.

On the other hand, I am so looking forward to Deja Vu, Rocky Roll, Treadhead, and the rest of the minis.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Re: Least Impressive New Characters

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

I hate judging them before playing AND upgrading. A lot of times the weak/boring box stock Skylanders have wicked good upgrades.

Out of what I have played I haven't logged enough time to really gauge anyone fairly, but Deja Vu would be my least impressive at this point...I'm sure that will change though. I'm also not inclined to pick Head Rush up, but that has a lot to do with the limited Earth Element encounters thus far AND my fondness for Fist Bump and Wallop, lol. I'm sure both will upgrade just fine...
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby mr_grizzly » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:07 pm

True, sometimes a character doesn't seem like much but then becomes really powerful or interesting by the time they are fully upgraded.

Ok, I sort of cheated - I really posted this topic to get everyone to discuss how their least liked characters actually have value too by challenging them to think about that character and what others have experienced with him or her.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:56 am

A topic like this is why Boomer is rare. ;)
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 am

Most all characters have some redeeming qualities for me. There are some that are great out the package and you just button mash away..Trigger Happy is that type for me! There are some others though that seem complicated or tricky. Those can be REALLY fun if you put some time in and start to get the hang of them. Eye Brawl is that way for me...Eye fly damage from afar to soften 'en up..then into the Fray!..Hit..Hit..Combo 1, Hit..Hit..Combo2. When it works, its a whole other type of fun. There are bound to be a few that just don't speak to me: Wrecking Ball wasn't my aesthetic style and then wasn't my play style. I know alot of people really like him too.
For a different reason this time (money), I have to be picky. Jawbreaker and Wallop look fun but, to me, are very similar to Skylanders I already have. (eg. Wallop reminds me of Crusher and Stump Smash) I only need one Trap Master per element to play full soo....They are not a priority. Perhaps later in the year, if there is a monumental sale.
Of the Trap Team characters I have bought, I'm genuinely enjoying the quirks of each one, no stand out let downs at this point.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby mr_grizzly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am

I played Fist Bump the other day on my 3ds and really liked his ability to create several cracks in front of him (or around him) and then be able to quickly slide down one once or twice into enemies. Does he get that ability on the console version as well?

I also really like his jump and slam into the ground attack.

mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Yeah, a lot of "online" people come in and read 1-2 bad reviews of a character and then it snowballs. I remember people saying how bad Ghost Roaster and Voodood were...I'm like, do you really even play them, or are you just trying to further a personal agenda to make Gill Grunt the most popular?

I've always been honest in my reviews (initial, during,and after) and the #1 thing I try to convey is that if you hate someone, upgrade them and it should change your tone.

I never understood how Boomer got a rep as a "poor character." Both of his paths are solid imo and they are also hilarious. People did the same thing to Stump Smash as well.

Then again,I am weird and don't get drawn in to the most powerful, or sought after hype. Wham-Shell remains one of the most disappointing characters imo, but since he is "super rare" everyone greatly over hypes him. Warnado is one of the overall weaker Skylanders, but remains a personal favorite to this day.

Out of all the character I have and have played in Trap Team, it is still Deja Vu and Head Rush who are the least impressive to me initially. I'm actually not sure I've ever used Head Rush in game, so that may change...Deja Vu will have to upgrade nicely, which I think she will.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Patrick Star » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:14 am

In terms of least impressive, I only have 2.

Lob-Star - He was one of the Trap Masters I was looking the most foward to before the game came out, but after using him, he's actually my least favorite of the 10 Trap Masters currently out. He's not bad, just not as good as I thought.

Déjà Vu - She was my third most anticipated character before the game came out (Thunderbolt and Short Cut are my two most, and ironically, neither of those two are out), but after using her, I'm disappointed. She's not horrible, but I find her a little weak, and her past selves IMO are too hard to use.
Patrick Star
Mabu

Return to Skylanders Trap Team