[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylander Character Creator I-Wei Huang

Skylander Character Creator I-Wei Huang

Skylander Character Creator I-Wei Huang

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:20 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Skylander Character Creator I-Wei Huang

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Great stuff...I'll check the links out later...

Got a new project in mind too :D
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Hunting it down made it more fun…! Il like Huang's concept artwork.
I haven't even had a chance to really look over his website either…Now that I posted it, I won't lose or forget the website. This Forum thing works for me too.. A win, Win!

AHhhhhh!! This new project….
Optimistic response…Excellent!
Pessimistic response….more work.
Lol…Can't wait to hear the details!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 am

Here is an interview with Huang about getting started on the Skylanders project and some interesting concept art. I'll put some of the art up and the link to the interview.

A Concept and figure sketch for Camo

A Concept and figure sketch for Dino Rang

Concept Sketch for the Pushblock Turtles

Molds and Hand Painted Prototypes-Some of the first

Apparently Arbo was considered as a Skylander!…wow.

Drobot Evolution!

Cali
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:09 am

How Skylanders figures are prototyped...3d printing...as shown and explained by I-Wei Huang

An article and 5 minute video on the use of 3d printers to speed up the production of and visualize the prototype Skylanders. prices fir Skylanders figures

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/06/3d-p ... kylanders/

Here is the direct link to the YouTube video, "How a Skylander Is Born"
http://youtu.be/BJ9YqhXwofQ

A Second interview/article that has a different style than the ones above:
http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/06/3d-p ... kylanders/
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:25 am

I posted this up on I-Wei Huang's CrabFu page when I found his drawing. I figured I couldn't realistically expect a reply.Apparently I surprised him by being polite on the internet. He surprised me right back by responding...

OrionsislandsNovember 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I ran across the drawing/picture on the internet and was interested in using it for background art on the Skylanders Blog I am in. I don't like using artwork I haven't made myself without attempting to get in touch with the artist first. So I tried to hunt down where it came from....lol!
Lo and Behold-it was you!!! (Below is the post I put up about it on our blog)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=175

Now I don't know what to do!..lol. Well,,gulp...May we use your art on our blog?!

ReplyDelete
Replies

Lol!...Happy to surprise you in good way!
I found the colored version posted up on deviantart. It was named Skylanders V3.0.
Colored by a Student Digital Artist: Altaeyyr.

Here is the link to the page:
http://altaeyyr.deviantart.com/art/Skyl ... -293800351

Altaeyyr provided a link back to this site (yours) as the source. (So that's two people who are giving you credit!)
He/She put up these comments about coloring your picture:
"Thank you. It took a long time. :D
I did not draw this image, I just coloured it in. I saw someone else had coloured in parts of it (I don't remember who) and I thought I would too. I got the full picture from here: [link]"
Jun 7, 2013

I agree with you, by the way: The colored version looks great. It caught the eye as a standout when I was browsing.
Well, Thank you for responding. We will certainly give you credit and link back to you here on the blog!
And I'll formally extend an invitation to you! Swing by Skylanderclub.com if you'd like. I recently posted up pictures of "Duelist Gearshift". You might get a kick out of it. She's a custom figure, splitting her gear into the two hands pose. The site itself was recently started up by 1ofWiisdom (great name!..lol) He's been making really enjoyable YouTube video's about Skylanders since SSA started. We would be honored if you ever wanted to post anything up.
In any case, thanks again for your time. My family and I really enjoy your work.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:54 pm

That's awesome that he replied
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Very cool!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1