[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Dreamcatcher's Quest: Sweet Dreams, or Nightmares

Dreamcatcher's Quest: Sweet Dreams, or Nightmares

Dreamcatcher's Quest: Sweet Dreams, or Nightmares

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 pm

So...

Last night after upgrading Head Rush I start knocking out some Villainography. Shield Shredder and Scrap Shooter go off without a hitch. Last up in Ch 11 is Dream Catcher. You roll in and talk to the Wilikin dude who invites you into his dream portal...I waltz in and he is totally MIA with no instruction as to what to do. A few other quests were similar and you basically just broke whatever would break, or hit stuff until it aligned right. I went thru multiple cycles with Dreamcatcher and never got it done.

If you hop back out of the portal I noticed his room only had the bed, furnace, and night stand...There was one rogue piece in the upper RH corner of the screen that could not be broke in the dream world. I tried and tried with no luck.

Has anyone completed her quest? What are you supposed to do? Idk if it was just not sequenced right, or if it'll work on my next attempt etc. For now, I guess I'll put her off as I want to progress a bit more.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Dreamcatcher's Quest: Sweet Dreams, or Nightmares

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I did her quest not that long ago (@1-2 weeks ago) and nothing really stood out in my memory as being unusual.
(PS...while I like her standard look, I also found her upgraded look to be pleasing. Rare.)
I looked it up on line and ran across this mention buried on a Dark Spyro page...

"Rochester's House

Rochester has a Quest for Dreamcatcher, Dreamcatcher Quest: Sweet Dreams Sweet Dreams, make sure you stand back otherwise you'll trigger a glitch where you're teleported before the conversation is finished and the quest won't work.
Use the train to get up to Kaos, use the extra car at the back for extra height, and go inside."

Anyway, hope this helps.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:16 am

So you got Sweet Dreams and I got Nightmares, lol.

I figure something just went out of sequence, or wasn't set up right...I will retry it.

You know, Shield Shredder and Scrap Shooter were not that bad either...I think Shield Shredder is the least objectionable thus far. Scrap Shooter would have been better with red instead of blue imo.

My biggest thing with Dreamcacther is that her secondary attack just doesn't work often...when it does, it is devastating. I like her commentary (I should know, I spent a LOT of time last night trying to complete her quest, lol). The primary is my favorite, but even it proves a bit erratic. The tertiary is cool, but I find it lacking in "holding power."

Now I just need Rochester to go along with really wanting sweet dreams, lol. All 3 Villainography installments should be up soon!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:36 am

Yes, the upgrades for Shield Shredder and Scrap Shooter were allright. Caught your video. I liked the blue but your correct, red would have been the likely ideal.
I think a slow fade thru all the colors of the rainbow would have been fun!
Unno...It dawns on me that you and I are progressing thru the game at roughly the same pace. I will likely be trying the Future level and going after Wolfgang this weekend. Along that line. Have you captured and/or upgraded Wolfgang? I hope his upgrade doesn't bite. (Couldn't resist the pun.) ...perhaps it will be music to my...yeah, ok...ill just stop right there.

I really like Dreamcatcher as well but I find her attacks tricky as well...I can't for the life of me "Aim" her well...The dream whirlwind or tornado is a good example. I can't get any degree of consistent accuracy...
Is her secondary attack the dream-draining, ALIEN-like facehugger head attack creatures??!? If so...yeah...I think I saw 450 points of damage! Aiming, again, seems to be an issue with those. Either way, she has been one of the best villains so far! I'll keep trying her to see if I can't smooth out her attack.
Heck..I upgraded all our Giants to Lvl 20 last weekend and I swear...I finally got the hang of Crusher's combo attacks..!!!lol! So that...what?...only took me 2 to 2 1/2 years?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to Skylanders Trap Team