[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Reflecting on Trap Team

Reflecting on Trap Team

Reflecting on Trap Team

Postby Omenix » Fri May 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Did we like it? Did we hate it? Did we enjoy playing as Kaos? What was our favourite Villain, Trap Master, New Core and level?

Let the discussion and reflection commence.

First of all, I think engaging villains this way, as opposed to in Swap Force where each boss had his/ her own level, worked much better.
Kaos was a bit overpowered compared to other Skylanders, and the mechanic raised questions about portal masters having power over other portal masters. Being a playable character also restricted his powers making him seem weaker than he's been in the past.
My favourite Villain was Dream Catcher just because of her interesting personality, with a close second bueing Wolfgang.
Favourite Trap Master is hard, but I'd have to say Short Cut filled my anticipation, and even went beyond.
My favourite core is even harder. I'd say it's a tie between Tread Head, Bat Spin and Fling Kong.
My favourite levels were those that featured Dream Catcher, which includes Monster Marsh and Telescope Towers.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Reflecting on Trap Team

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:36 am

I'll be chiming in here shortly...
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby kdoub25 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Great topic. I hope others will chime in with their responses, especially the veterans who have played the entire series and can make comparisons of their Trap Team experience compared to prior games (unfortunately I am new to the Skylander series :cry: ).

I thought the trap concept worked fairly well. I just wonder about what the future will entail for the Trap Masters and all these traps I have. My favorite characters were Dark Wildfire, Chopper, and Rocky Roll. My favorite villain was Wolfgang.

On a side note, is anyone still actively playing Trap Team, and if so what goals are you still trying to accomplish? Or is it just a time filler until Super Chargers arrives.
kdoub25
Rookie

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:29 am

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:38 am

Yes I'd have to agree, there were good times, there were bad times, there were fun times, there were sad times, there were cheap times, there were expensive times.

I truly appreciate the trap gimmick, and having conversations with villains (dream catcher: "el oh el" ,me: " i kay are") was the most enjoyable part of all. Kaos was good and all, but i hayed having a trap which couldn't be used till the end, and his trap didn't light up, and his comments were annoying. It'll be good having him back on the side of evil.

I liked the hub, not as good as SSA, but better than giants. Dream Catcher is still my favourite villain, but i guess that's not the general agreement, most people prefer wolfgang (I get that, he's my second favourite ) but apparently also Golden Queen? Come on we should have given DC a "Rocket Powered Flying Thinking Cap" which exhausts sheep instead of smoke, it would've been great! (Im referring to trophies in SSC BTW)

Overall I have enjoyed this experience, but am enthusiastic about the Future of Skylands ;) :p
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to Skylanders Trap Team