[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Trap Team without Portal

Trap Team without Portal

Trap Team without Portal

Postby cnoble » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:01 am

Hello! My son, Field (5 years old) loves playing Trap Team on his iPad and seems to be doing pretty well... He has reached chapter 3 and is of the opinion that we need to buy the starter pack and use the portal to get further in the game... I was hoping we could get away with just having the digital game to play so I don't have to keep up with the figures. Does he need the portal to get past chapter 3??? He says he has to have more trap masters of the other elements to open the gates or can they be earned within the game? Thanks!!!
cnoble
Rookie

Re: Trap Team without Portal

Postby Omenix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Well, while it is true you need trap masters to unlock the elemental gates, you don't HAVE to unlock the elemental gates. However, there is another option. With Superchargers releasing in September the prices for trap team will decrease to brilliant deals. It's the same with previous games, some of which are still available (I recently saw swap force starter pack for $19, lesss than a trap master in my area). Otherwise you could tell him to wait for a birthday or Christmas, or perhaps offer them as a reward for doing various chores. Hope this helps!
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby cnoble » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:28 am

Thank you so much! If I understand correctly, you are saying that he can continue to play the game and get through the various chapters without getting what is inside of each elemental gate, yes?

If we were to get a couple characters, are there some characters that are more useful than others- more powerful or capable? Or are they all just different and fun for different reasons?

I'm not as worried about spending the money on a couple pieces, but he has a tendency to not be happy until he has an entire set, and then moving on to the next set of something else, rendering the previous obsession a complete waste... And since there are so many skylanders games, I'm concerned about getting started on an endless path of wanting the next piece. (He is working on being happy with what he has in other areas too) I we do get some, they will certainly be attached to responsibilities!!!

What is your channel called? The link brought me to a couple of recommended videos, but it didn't seem like I was in a specific channel I could subscribe to. (Sorry for being dense about it!)

Thank you again!!!!!
cnoble
Rookie

Postby Omenix » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Yes that's correct, the elemental gates are in no way connected to the enjoyment of the game.

All characters are useful and fun, however some may be more difficult to use. 2 of my favourites are Ka Boom and Short Cut, or in the cheaper range Trail Blazer and Fling Kong.

One way to ensure they get used is to play with him, or perhaps see if any of his friends at school are interested in playing co op.

On my YouTube channel, well that seemed like a good idea at the time but then life started to get busy and i just didn't have the time to continue. Im always amazed that people can have a job and do YouTube. That's just in my signature and i should change it but i don't know what to change it to :?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby cnoble » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:31 am

That is so much good info, thank you! I really like the idea of picking one from each element, and I think that would be a great compromise.

I sat down an played with him yesterday and he defeated Brocoli guy and chompy Mage, so he is pretty happy!!!
cnoble
Rookie

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:29 am

Ohh yeah....I forgot...All older Skylanders work in the newer games, and they are...

The Green Based Skylanders are the oldest. They are from .
The Orange Based Skylanders came second. They are from .
The Blue Based Skylanders came third. They are from .
The Red Based Skylanders came fourth. They are from .

Coming Next is . Those Skylanders wont have colors but will all be standing on an engine.

PS...Just FYI: The Eon's Elite Skylanders are prettified versions of some of the older Skylanders that come with a metallic paint job and a display case. They have plastic bases.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to Skylanders Trap Team