Questions topic for general use.

Re: Questions topic for general use.

Postby thewayofzook » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Just wanted to know what people thought of my theory on why PvP was excluded from trap team.

I think that PvP was left out because of eons elite and basically the new characters. Eons elite characters are 3x as powerful as their normal versions so they would destroy anyone in PvP without a drought. Many of the trap masters do insane amounts if damage as well. For example krypt king does well over 100 damage when fully upgraded with 1 hit. Let's say you have a sky lander on 600 HP. That's at most 6 hits to kill him/her with krypt king. Box stock skylanders generally have around 300 HP. That's three hits to kill that skylander. This would make PvP so unfair for your core skylanders. However some characters have health regeneration abilities ( e.g funny bone who heals 50 HP about every second from the claws.....50!!!) This would be extremely op in pvp. This made me realise that when skylanders 5 comes out, PvP may not happen because of these insanely powerful characters.

Who knows maybe the guyss at activation didn't even consider this and think I'm crazy in saying it. But hey its a theory. Anyway let me know what you guys think!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 pm

But thats just a theory, A GAME THEORY!

Sorry I was watching game theorist today, but I think thats a good theory none the less. But they could hsve gone the pokemon route excluding legendaries/op pokemon, but these are $20 figures not a digital character of which there are over 600 in a $60 game.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby thewayofzook » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:01 am

Yeah that's what I mean. Since skylanders is a game where every character is supported on the newest game I drought that they will want to exclude the op characters from PvP if they have it which will mean they will probably leave it out again
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 am

This isn't really a theory. Kaos Mode takes up an extreme amount of data. Once I saw it, I understood that PVP wasn't going to be in the game.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby thewayofzook » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:21 am

What I meant to Swy was that I think they left out PvP so they could make more insanely power full abilities for skylanders. Which is actually cool aswell!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Omenix » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:29 am

Ah, I understand, I thought you meant they made op characters which resulted in no pvp. Still, they could have put in the time and effort to balance the characters, eg alter the health of the figures so its even (like how pokemon brings them all to level 50)
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby mr_grizzly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:38 am

Tidal Wave Gill Grunt's wow pow is definitely op - but it is soooo fun to use! ;)
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby mr_grizzly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 am

Do any of these new characters come with special hats? I got an obsidian helm, and I am not sure where it came from - unless it was from Brock's arena. The new hat is on Hog Wild Fryno, so not sure if it was his armour upgrade, a hat that came with him, or one I got in the game.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby mr_grizzly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 am

Well, I made a mistake. It wasn't my new Fryno that had the obsidian helm, but my series one Fryno. Though it would still be interesting to find out if any characters in Trap Team do have unique hats.

mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby mr_grizzly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:44 am

I have noticed that Hijinx says "Fear the darkness" rather than "fear the dark." Do any of the other minis say slightly different catchphrases?

In Wikipedia, it lists several characters that have not been revealed as far as I know. Does anyone know if these were scrapped characters or ones that will come out in Trap Team?
They are:
Bramble boss chop chop - series four
Gold wing sprocket - series 3

Interesting that it also mentions Spotlight (a light element Skylander) and Blackout (a dark element Skylander). This last one was shown in a YouTube video by someone who had found his soul gem through a glitch of sorts in the game.

mr_grizzly
Chompy

PreviousNext

Return to Skylanders Trap Team