[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Questions topic for general use.

Questions topic for general use.

Questions topic for general use.

Postby Daphtaru » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:28 am

I decided that there should be a topic just for stuff even if it's considered easy or silly. I will probably have a few myself but I just wanted to put this topic out so people don't feel shy for asking something they think they should know but they are not sure.

(If no one ever uses this one that's ok, I am just not a huge fan of someone having to ask a question and people have to bring it up on other forms for when a topic is old like the discussion ended for stuff that was left unanswered. Would rather have it where people are not afraid to ask. If this never gets uses at least I tried.)
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Re: Questions topic for general use.

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:17 am

I'm sure people will use it...

I plan to add some other subforums in the near future...right now my life is consumed by unboxing/rendering/uploading/posting.

Here is one to get it going...

Does anyone else have trouble console jumping? I have played Nintendo so long I have the button layout in my head...When I play on XB1 I am always hitting the wrong button since it doesn't match up :(

I really wish there was a uniform button layout, OR devs still kept the option to tweak the controls to your liking.

It is particularly an issue with Skylanders when I am accessing the wrong menu, backing out of things instead of accepting them, and then trying to use the Tertiary Attack and getting the secondary etc.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 am

[quote="1ofWiisdom"]

Does anyone else have trouble console jumping? I have played Nintendo so long I have the button layout in my head...When I play on XB1 I am always hitting the wrong button since it doesn't match up :(

I really wish there was a uniform button layout, OR devs still kept the option to tweak the controls to your liking

I had the opposite issue going from XBox 360 to the Wii U. I ended up buying a controller which is a similar set up with button configuration. Playing with the game pad or a wii remote was giving me fits. I wish they would all go to a similar controller setup as well.
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:06 am

Haha, sorry to hear that, but glad I'm not the only one...

I think you can adjust to the gamepad itself pretty quickly...

However, the biggest issue is the smallest detail...the button layout.

Nintendo has
Y-X
B-A

And Xbox has
X-Y
A-B

While the Xbox reads Left to Right and make sense, the Nintendo layout is based around "A" being the closest to the edge, where your thumb is. This is what I grew up with and have really ingrained into my muscle memory.

The simple solution is to just go into settings and adjust the controller to mimic your preferred platform, BUT Trap Team doesn't offer that. In all honesty, the number of games offering custom layouts is dwindling FAST. When I was growing up you had endless options...Seems like things should evolve for the better, not retrograde.

If I get time I'd really like to crack open an Xbone Controller and see how the buttons work and if the board can be moved, or some soldering reworked.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:40 am

My problem when it comes to buttons Skylander wise is I am use to SG then going to SF. The jumping gets me for a bit if I play both games in 1 day.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Yeah, I had that problem too, lol.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

gill grunt series 4 wow pow compared to series 1, 2 and 3

Postby thewayofzook » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 am

Just wanted to know what people thought of good old gill grunt. He is a personal favourite and I wanted to know if he is a favourite and if fans appreciate him becoming series 4 as I do :D
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Re: gill grunt series 4 wow pow compared to series 1, 2 and

Postby Portalmastermom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:02 am

Portalmastermom
Chompy

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:16 pm

I really like gill grunt, but it took them too long to actually get innovative with the wow pow in my opinion, and so ive saved for the upgrades for him 4 times now, and barely any difference, hes a fun character but they rarely change him in each game, but I really like the originality of s4, but I think they shouldnt have more than one repose AND GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Did you pick the Harpooner path?
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Next

Return to Skylanders Trap Team