[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Too Many Gimmicks

Too Many Gimmicks

Too Many Gimmicks

Postby Omenix » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:14 am

Am I the only one that thinks this game has too many gimmicks? Im not complaining about a ton of awesome figures though :D I just feel that a game, skylanders trap team, should have one gimmick, in this case trapping villains, and flesh it out and make it a perfect game. I really like the gimmick but theres a few things I would have liked too see for example undoing the evolution if you dont like the colour scheme, or re-battling the villains without playing an entire level. At the moment we have one game but 3 gimmicks. Why not have skylanders trap team with traps then skylanders minis with the minis then have skylanders crystal league with the trap masters, but in this case they are characters that hold crystal weapons and are part of a group called the crystal league? Does anyone agree with me? Not that I dont like trap team, i quite enjoy playing it actually, but why have the minis? They seem somewhat pointless dont they? I will get some though, give em a chance.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Too Many Gimmicks

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:01 am

There are several things I can think of that would make the game better for me...

I think, as often as you'll have to go back to levels here initially, they need to keep all the "special" stuff in place (Chests etc) and replace other hidden items with a gem. Having a submenu to select a villain battle would have been great and an easy way to test out new Skylanders, or upgrades.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby mr_grizzly » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:01 am

There will be an area of the hub that is only accessible by the minis. Basically, because the minis are so unique, I almost think of them as new characters. Though I like the fact that four of them are a repose (in a sense) of some giants - so I can now take them down the alternate paths that I did not use for my original giants.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:49 am

I'm not even sure if people want to know my opinion on it. It's not exactly what people want to hear.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:57 am

Id actually be very interested in hearing your opinion, when I initially posted this I was worried everyone would explode and think I dont like the series or something like that, but that hasn't happened, and now I feel more free to share my opinions on the forum. What im trying to say is we should all be willing to hear and respect each others opinions and be willing to share our own. That is really the main point of a forum such as this, to build a community and share and discuss opinions and ideas.

I really think we should try and build a community such as that and simply enjoy discussing a fun franchise, and who knows, maybe toys for bob or vicarious vision will see our ideas and use them to improve the game.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby JerichoTheUnwise » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:09 am

I agree with this for the pure reason it would mean more Skylander games! I've always tried to think of my own gimmicks, but I've never really seen if anyone has made their own.
JerichoTheUnwise
Rookie

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:58 pm

One of my hopes is that this doesn't devolve into a forum that primarily features 1 post with info and 19 pages of flame wars.

A lot of folks fall in to two camps:

-Original Spyro: They tend to believe Skylanders is the worst thing in the world and demand a Spyro game more in tune with his previous adventures

-All Skylanders: They tend to be a bit fanatic and question/condemn anyone who dares to have a dissenting opinion on the game

I'm just a fan of the Skylanders franchise and enjoy it...I will praise some aspects and gripe about others. All of my suggestions come from the stance of someone that truly wants the series to continue and most importantly continue to get even better.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Yes I completely agree with you. Im going through a hard time and Im trying to see the positives in everything instead of negatives, cos if your negative about everything in life your not having a good time.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:55 am

Yep...gotta take the good and the bad, and simply make the best of both.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Skylanders Trap Team