[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders Trap Team Collector's Edition Strategy Guide

Skylanders Trap Team Collector's Edition Strategy Guide

Skylanders Trap Team Collector's Edition Strategy Guide

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:13 am

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Skylanders Trap Team Collector's Edition Strategy Guide

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:18 am

Pro and Con of the Collectors.

Pros

At http://youtu.be/vz9Jh9myKQY?t=12m51s you can see the bottoms are the what the Quest Upgrades do for Villains. (I wish it had the exact stat number for those but that would seem picky as the other ones haven't for just regular Skylanders.)
Also the right side on that part it shows a pic of the Evolution's of the Villains.

Cons

It doesn't seem to mention Alt Deco's Stats for in game, Nitro Krypt King etc.

The other thing was it's not a 100% CE. The it's a secret to everyone thing that I can't get into here.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:23 am

Just an FYI for all interested in the Collectors Strategy Guide:
I picked up the SWAP FORCE Collectors Strategy Guide on CYBER MONDAY thru the BRADYGAMES website directly. They offered a huge discount and WITH shipping I believe I paid @$19.50. That was less than they were charging for the standard strategy guide. This was only available on CyberMonday. I can only imagine that they will have a similar sale this year. Good Luck....I'll be trying it again this year for Trap Team!

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Cool...that is a good deal. Places list it for $23ish, but Amazon still shows 1-3 Week Delivery times??!!

The CE is just a better deal than the standard imo...especially if you like wall stickers, lol.

My favorite part thus far is just that the Elements are arranged Alphabetically this year...The SF Strat Guide was just an odd order.

I did prefer the character bios and upgrade charts from the SF Guide.

I haven't really used anything yet other than the bio pages...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Camulus75 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm

I very much enjoyed the CE for SSF. I always play blind a couple times through the game and then crack open the guide to pick up the stuff I missed. I've done this for all the games so far and plan to continue for STT. Nice tip about the Cyber Monday deal though, Orion's Islands. I will have to keep an eye out for that
Camulus75
Rookie

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:28 am

The cover is premo imo, lol.

As I've used it lately for the Character Introductions I really don't like the vertically stacked bios as they are hard to read AND the upgrade path layout really sucks compared to the previous version.

In SSF you had artwork for each and they were stacked

Stock and Soul Gem
Base
Path 1
Path 2

It was so easy to read and get a feel for each upgrade etc. The vertical orientation this year just doesn't flow like the precise divisions with Left to Right coverage. Some may like it better, but for me it was better last year. I haven't really used it past that, but the Chapter layout looks about the same.

Nonetheless, I would still recommend it!
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby mr_grizzly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 am

I like how this one (at least the hardcover version) has a code in the back to view the guide online.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 am

Wow!!
So this collectors edition has a link to an electronic copy..?!? I missed that.....
That would be a big plus for me....Is that confirmed or did I get it wrong?

I was wondering if the level maps looked pretty much the same as the swap force edition?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby mr_grizzly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:16 pm

The code is on one of the last couple days of the guide.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Next

Return to Skylanders Trap Team