[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - The favourite of your collection and why

The favourite of your collection and why

Show off your own Skylander Collection

The favourite of your collection and why

Postby thewayofzook » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Who is your favourite character from your Skylander collection and why? IS it because they are really powerful in story mode and/or PvP like Zook? Is it because they have a unique abiliy like Terrafin or Double Trouble? Is it the character's design or concept? Or is it just because they are so damn cool?

I thought to myself recently, who is the character that, when I jump into the skylanders universe, I want to play? Well fr me that used to be Zook, but now I use him more for intense PvP matches against OP characters like Spy Rise and Doom Zone. The characters that I prefer to play as now are Terrafin, Dinorand and Double Trouble. All three of these guys have a unique ability and are not OP when it comes to PvP. It is actually a challenge to play as them while still being loads of fun. Zook, although still one of my favourites, is honestly to easy to play as in most cases. He is still fun but to me its not about whether the character is extremely powerful. Its just a matter of whether I like their concept. So I would have to say Terrafin is my favourite character. I kind of realised this when I noticed he was the only character that I have every version of ( this doesnt include chase variants if he has any). I even payed the extremely high price of NZ$40 for his Elite lol. In game I love his combo abilities even when he is box stock! The burrowing is just a bonus for me!

I guess this was a bit of a rant or whatever you wanna call it but hey, isnt this site all about long discussions lol :D. I kinda have a thing about favourites. Anyway tell me about why you like a particular skylander!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Re: The favourite of your collection and why

Postby Omenix » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:00 am

Well for a while i thought it was Terrafin, but based on design only I have to say Lightning Rod is my favourite (he had to opportunities to be reposed this game but instead we got another Jet Vac and. ..nothing...at all...seriously? If you're not gonna give me what i want then at least give me something i don't want instead of nothing...)
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby thewayofzook » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 am

thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby thewayofzook » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 am

Dinorang was alos a great contender for my new top spot! I'm so torn between which path is the best for him!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:35 am

Favorite....hmmm. That is...limiting.
i like characters that have their own vibe...style, if you will. They can be simple. They don't need to be overly complex, as that can often lead to overly complicated and a mishmashed feel to the character.
As for gameplay, i like characters that have a basic fun move with some utility that can get the job done 90% of the time. Then, I like secondary and special attacks that are in line with the character's theme and style, that build in power and finally, that take progressively more skill to enact/Fire Off. For instance, Chop Chop is basic incarnate: hack with that sword, baby!!
But im still workin' on getting the shield bash charged up and working effectively!

Listing off some examples of my favorites:
i gotta say, I really like alot of the Giants for the above reasons...i still work to get smooth, sequenced attacks from Thumpback! But when I get tired of being 'artsy', I can just , pardon the pun, whale on evryone with the anchor! Keeps him fun and challenging to me over time.
i enjor Eyebrawl for the same reason.
In general Flameslinger is great fun. Cobra Cadabera intrigues me for the above reasons but im just getting started with him! Doomstone is a swapper I feel drawn to keep working with. Scratch as well.
Its weird: Sometimes I want to walk a character into a room, knowing that i can destroy every enemy with my devastating attacks (Ka' Boom!) and sometimes i want a challenge, like executing the perfect attack combo with Snapshot or firerunning a circle around a tough enemy to immolate him! (Flameslinger)
The characters strengths are fun to play with but working around their weakness' can also be fun.
Its one of the main reasons i miss Heroic Challenges. i dont care what character you are, there was a good chance that at least one of the levels was going to be a challenge to get through.
You may be fast but lack the heavy hitting punch to defeat your enemies quickly and get to the finish line on time.
You may be too powerfull or bulky and inadvertantly destroy too many works of art you are trying to save.
The solution for one was strategy but for the other, was control.

BUT...to pick a general favorite...Jade Flashwing.
Very cool looking, very fast if used properly, accurate, simple in general but more complex if you want a challenge, pretty strong up to downright devastating if used properly and, ohh yes, and she can heal herself on the fly if you fancy that sort of thing.
She is still my goto Get It Done, Have Some Fun Skylander!!!!!
My 'GIDHSF' Skylander!
...pronounced 'Gid-Hiss-IFF'
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby thewayofzook » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:54 am

lol I love the in-depth talk Orion's Islands! I too like the challenge and for me Terrafin and Dinorang offer that. With Dinorang it is simple enough to throw a rang, but it takes some serious skill to control it and direct it around the big bulky enemies and hit that annoying life spell punk way in the back. I have yet to master this but when I can execute it man is it satisying. I also know how it feels with the Heroics. using Zook in 'you break it, you buy it' when he is maxed is...well....impossible

Oh and that pun was brilliant! Just brilliant.
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby thewayofzook » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:22 am

WAIT! hang on guys. I know I said that Dinorang and Terrafin were my favourites. Well, I just found a series 2 Jet-Vac at a EB games and wow. He looks amaaaaazing!! This puts Dinorang and Terrafin in my number 2 spot! Jet-Vac takes the first! he is just beautiful
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Here is one you might not have expected from me, but I think I've mentioned it once or twice in videos...

My favorite Skylander, to date, including everyone (Castaways, customs, duplicates, chase variants, and exclusives that were never at retail) is....

Silver Dino-Rang!

This goes back to SSA. This was before scalpers were an issue and before many people were into the game. I got on-board Day 1 and SSA remains my favorite installment. However, that Christmas my Nephew was out with my sister looking for Christmas gifts and he found 2 Silver Dino-Rangs! They were on an end-cap just at his eye-level (most adults would have blown right past them). They bought them and he got 1 and I was given the other for a Christmas gift in 2011 8-)

It isn't the aesthetic, upgrades, or value...it is just that my Nephew found it right around Christmas that makes that one special.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby thewayofzook » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:43 am

Was not expecting that lol! Nice variant and an extra special story behind it. We have had ZERO chase variants in my town. Hence why i have none in my collection. My favourite in game variant thus far would have to be jolly bumble blast for his Christmas theme plus that sweet hat he gives you!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Omenix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 am

hmm... when you look at it that way, my favourite would be Glossy Green Gill Grunt S2 Variant, which I got at the EB Expo 2013, when i went with my father. in 2014 there was no variant and I went with friends instead of my dad. its still one of my best memories with him (most of which are based around video games and skylander hunting)
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Next

Return to Your Collection