[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Exclusive Scores

Exclusive Scores

Post up your best and most recent finds

Exclusive Scores

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:31 am

I think I've mentioned it a few times, but I hate Sunday releases. Stores are always crowded, 95% of the time the product in question isn't even out...what takes me 3 minutes on a desolate week night turns into some hour long affair. Needless to say, I did not go after NHR or LBW this past Sunday.

What are those acronyms you say? Why, Nitro Head Rush and Legendary Bushwhack of course!

I was most worried about NHR...Target has a very long track record of getting something in, selling out, and then never getting it back in...TRU will eventually have LBWs falling off the pegs (it isn't a matter of if, but when).

Anyway, I did my crowd avoiding tactic of checking online...Target FINALLY listed NHR on their website Wednesday and showed to have her in-stock. This usually means they have no stock. TRU never showed to have LBW and given how they actually track and market their exclusives, seeing that "out of stock, not available for store pickup" usually means they don't have anything (ie if they got them in time, they were all plucked by ebay scallywags).

Nonetheless, I equipped myself with Target's DCPI and much to my delight the employee showed 12 in stock, in the back. Ah! That fresh Skylander smell! So with NHR in hand, I venutred over to TRU and was happy to see a few LBWs hanging around. Also of note, I found the last Toon Link and nabbed it. This not only keeps it out of the hands of a scalper, but let's me cash in on the BOGO40% off sale. I did not know you could use 1 Skylander and 1 Amiibo! Might be a helpful tip on down the road.

Anyway, not a bad night as I got NHR from Target and LBW from TRU while dealing with ZERO crowd issues :D
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Exclusive Scores

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:15 am

And also...apparently....
Bushwhack is Real!!!!!!

:lol:
Yes...he's really on my coffee table with a small rock and a lovely watercolor poster my sister-in-law painted years ago to "Save the Forests!" Perspective is an amazing thing.

Sunday releases...Walmart trips...This has been a week for you! lol.
So..the same deal at Target?!? They had them but not out on the shelves? Weird. I wonder why they seem to be holding them back...?
Picked up Legendary Bushwhack yesterday at TRU and did something kinda funny with that deal you mentioned....We didn't need any other Skylanders they had but they were running the BOGO 40% deal. Long story short, we bought Groot!!!!
We don't have Infinity 2.0 but Groot would look too cool on our bookshelf! We are Groot. (translation: Love That guy!)
As a matter of fact...
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I call it:

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Yep, same deal...none out, all in the back. It could be because they have a zillion Head Rush on the rack though. Still odd since this is their "exclusive" and was featured in the ad. Either way, I'm not going to complain...she stayed safe and all anyone had to do is ask, lol.

Nice, that does help out a lot...I had always just assumed it was BOGO to the specific brand...very cool to be able to mix and match...I'd imagine that gets canned eventually, lol. It usually specifies "Skylanders" or "BOGO40 Infinity" or even "BOGO40 all Amiibo."

That water color works great for both of them!
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:55 pm

I have seen the cross application of the BOGO 40% deal across the Skylander, Infinity and Amiibo lines pretty consistently over here. We elected not to pursue Infinity 2.0 and Amiibo lines. Infinity just didnt have a play style we got into and Amiibo's was just a financial choice that had to be made with limited resources. It's too bad, I think the Amiibo's have potential!
Every time I see the deal it crosses my mind to get Mario...lol..so far I've held steady.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:23 pm

Yeah, the Amiibo are pretty cool.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom