[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Last of The Eon's Elites Releasing: Eruptor and Gill Grunt

Last of The Eon's Elites Releasing: Eruptor and Gill Grunt

Post up your best and most recent finds

Last of The Eon's Elites Releasing: Eruptor and Gill Grunt

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Last of The Eon's Elites Releasing: Eruptor and Gill Gru

Postby Omenix » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 am

Preorder eruptor. Everyones sick of gill grunt so he'll be easy to get, but eruptor hasn't been so completely overdone (series 4, ugh) so people may be more inclined to get him. However these are expensive elites, so preordering probably isn't necessary. Hope this helps ;)
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:49 am

So I spend 2 days playing Minecraft and not checking the site and all news breaks loose...Apparently I should do that more often.

It is definitely best to wait for the $19.99. I didn't do that with Terrafin or Stealth Elf, but come one...they are Terrafin and Stealth Elf. Actually, I didn't even wait for the $19.99 for Elite Terrafin, #2, lol.

I wouldn't worry about waiting...the stock isn't super high, but just not as many people are buying these...right now anyway. I think I'd nab them on the first sale...things could get interesting come this fall.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is 1ofwiisdom referring to Skylanders 5 releasing in October as usual? October is fall isn't it? How that relates to Eons Elite, i'm not sure, but things will get interesting!
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:33 am

Haha, nothing intended to be interesting in that sense...

I'm just thinking these didn't move quite like people thought (they are about the only thing you can say, "hey, I'm going to go buy Eon's Elite ____ today" and basically know you have a 99% success rate. We can't even say that for some of the Traps. That said, if they didn't produce tons of them, or decided not to run more off, after a few more $19.99 and the people who drop in during the late summer to pick up "good deals" they may be hard to come by...

However, I do hope they continue the Elites...but with different characters. I do not want an Eon's Elite of S2-S3-S4 Gill Grunt, lol.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 am

Im not sure how further Eons Elites would work, the current ones are the best, most powerful, most popular characters which Eon himself picked out specifically himself. To make more would defeat the purpose. However, i could see a separate branch, such as the most strategy based characters being Eons Advisers or Eons Strategists. Or maybe sub-divisions of the skylanders army, such as Eons Lieutenents .

This could be new branches of story in future games: Glumshanks has captured Eon and his Elite and his holding them hostage in exchange for Kaos, now the second in command, Eons Advisers, have to lead the skylanders in a rescue mission.

What do you think? I just made that up on the spot...

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:33 am

That would work, lol. Maybe something to make each rendition completely autonomous.

My thoughts, if they continue this concept, is they limit them to 1 per element and do the cores only. However, my bigger request, regardless of any potential future releases is that these Eon's Elite as found in Trap Team MAINTAIN their eliteness. I don't want to load up a maxed out Eon's Elite in Skylanders 5 and find it does the same damage as a regular one, you know? That would really, really, really piss me off...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Now on the other side of the Eon's Elite release...I have to say....I like them. They put some zing back into some classic characters. As I've previously stated however, to me, they represent a final version of the character. I would like to see them continue with them. I view them as a 'Skylander Hall of Fame' collection.
Now subsets with cool organizational parameters as suggested by Omenix works for me...I would like to see Eon's Elite: The Dragons or Eon's Elite: The Castaways. Although upon reflection, I would like to see Series 2 poses for the castaways before I see them as Elites. But if its Elite's or nothing, I would choose to see them as Elites!
Finishing thought...I don't know what their expectations were concerning sales. I hope that they had realistic expectations and that the numbers are high enough to warrant further Elite Characters. It is possible that they will conclude the line with these 8.

(Seriously though, how can they not make money on these? They don't need to develop the character, the pose is the same, they have now already designed the display case...They tweak the programming, pay for a high end paint job, perhaps slightly higher shipping and some additional marketing. With the increase in price, it would seem that they have a large leeway to at least break even while giving some extra fun to the fans and collectors.)

As far as them Nerfing them in ANY future release...I'm with you Wiisdom.
I would, thru computer science, magic and voodoo, animate them in the real world, find ways to make them angry and mentally unstable before promptly mailing them to the Activision Corporate Offices.
Which is to say, it would greatly annoy me too.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Next

Return to Skylander Hunting