[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Preorder Bonus

Preorder Bonus

Post up your best and most recent finds

Preorder Bonus

Postby Omenix » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:53 am

I went into EB Games yesterday to preorder SSC and , while i was aware of the preorder bonus, I wasn't aware i get it the day i preordered. That's right, i went home with my very own Steampunk Shrednaught (as well is Enigma, cos YOLO). Is this available elsewhere? Is there a different way of getting it? Any thoughts?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Preorder Bonus

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks for posting! good info
I didn't know they were using Steampunk Shrednaught as a preorder bonus.

I don't think I'm going to preorder though. I try to make a game out of finding and arranging our orders to take advantage of the best pre order deals. (if it was Bruiser Cruiser I may have been compelled to!)
Speaking of the deals , I wonder how many and how good they will be this time around?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Well, as i see it, there are 2 or 3 versions of the game. Theres always been 3ds against console, but now there's also wii, however it remains to be seen whether or not it's the same as 3ds or console. There's also the possibility of a dark starter pack, where i would consider it beneficial to get both versions. So even if there are a couple different preorder bonuses , it's still possible to get them all.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 am

We have picked up the Dark Starter Pack and the 3DS versions for the past 2 releases. We got the Wii version with the online download for the WiiU for Trap Team. That worked out well. IF, and I stress IF, the 3DS and the Wii versions are DIFFERENT from the main game AND are DIFFERENT from each other...I would be tempted to purchase a Wii starter and a 3DS starter.
With multiple starter packs, I guess we could take advantage of more of the Release Day Deals.
OR...As occurs to me now...we could put off the purchase of those secondary starter packs until later, say post Christmas, and get some pretty spectacular deals. Could give us new content to play after the new year at a cut rate! I guess it will all come down to how good those initial deals are.
As to the Shrednaught variant, I bypassed a few of the variants because they were either too repetitive (I didn't need any more Earth traps when Tussle Sprout's variant recently came out) or expensive (Broccoli Guys' variant came in a...what...a $45 trap combo pack? I already had the other Traps he was packaged with).So I can live without the guy.
I'm hoping that the extra competition this year will make Activision's Release Day Deals at least better than Trap Team's deals, which I thought were pretty anemic.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:54 am

Yep, pretty cool deal, but I did not know you got to take the trap home with you that day...Seems like a lot of people could default on that one, lol.

Personally, I won't pre-order a standard starter pack given how readily available they will be here...Plus, at this point in time we don't know of any deals, freebies, or special editions. With all the lag time y'all seem to have it is probably smart to pre-order regardless and take advantage of the special trap.

Vicarious Visions launced the Dark Edition with SWAP Force, so there is a chance it could return here as well. If you look at retailer stock it seems GameStop and TRU remain the preferred vendors by a BIG margin.

It will be interesting to see what details emerge on the 3DS Starter Pack. Will it even accept vehicles into the game? If it does, I hope it comes with Stealth Elf's vehicle. Anyone else a bit miffed the SP comes with 2 Skylanders, but only 1 vehicle? I'm also curious about a car and driver combo pack.

People just don't ask these basic questions...the last 2 years I was the only one to even ask about the 3DS edition at E3.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:06 am

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping the dark starter, should it exist, comes with darks of the 2 starter pack characters and vehicles, and a 3rd character and vehicle, it wouldn't be right to have a dark character without their correlating dark vehicle.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 am

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1