[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - "Dune Mage" Custom Skylander

"Dune Mage" Custom Skylander

Showcase your custom Skylanders

"Dune Mage" Custom Skylander

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 am

When I saw him go almost completely gold when upgraded down the Dune Mage path, he became the ideal candidate for my first custom. We like him, both paths looked interesting, a gold paint job would look cool and be really practical telling the two apart at a glance. In addition, because he appears like that in the game, it's pretty much like creating your own In-Game Variant!
I painted him a few months ago but have been looking around for a crystal that fit for the chest. My wife came through for me and found the perfect size!
I took some pics of the process and will post them up-taking a drill to your Skylander feels weird!
Took a few glamour shots but also wanted to put up a few plain so you could get a feel for how he looks in person.
Overall, I am really pleased with how he turned out.

I make wall hanging islands to hold our Skylanders so I have pieces and parts lying around in various states of completion. These are a piece or two from the under-construction Air Island. You can see the lower edge of the cloud backdrop I painted (with my son's help:) It's the same backdrop I used in the pictures above this one.

I like the dressed up shots and setting up and editing the pics is fun! But to me, the picture below is just as cool!

This would make a good, "Add a Caption to this Photo!" Thread...!...lol
I think mine would be either, "Man! Kaos is getting REALLY creative!!" Or "WAIT!...Di d I leave the stove on???"
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: "Dune Mage" Custom Skylander

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 am

Cool. Looks good
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:27 am

Thanks!
Funny..but I JUST thought of something else I'd like to do to him....!
Maybe I will....if I can pull it off Ill post it up!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:58 am

Return of Drill X!
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:50 pm

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:55 pm

"No, Mr. Bug. I expect you to Die!"

(For all the die hard James Bond fans.)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

I love the base / stand you made is that carved foam? I would like to try something like that
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:08 pm

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1