[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Custom Wall Display: Earth Island

Custom Wall Display: Earth Island

Showcase your custom Skylanders

Custom Wall Display: Earth Island

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:19 am

This is the completed Earth Island wall display. I built it to hold @10 Earth Skylanders. I am posting a few of the shots I had cleaned up for the blog I started last year to chronicle building these type of displays. Unfortunately, I lost what minimal workspace I had and the project slowed to snail pace. I did begin and make significant progress on the Air Island. The Jet Vac Custom Photograph "Defending Windham" is on the eagle's nest at the top of the Air Island.
Happily, I am re-energizing as SkylanderClub gains momentum, my family and I settle into our move and my new (AND vastly improved workspace!!) comes closer to being finished! I am looking forward to moving that project forward and I am really excited that I'm associated with a group of people who can really enjoy it with enthusiasm to match :D my own.
I'll explain the highlights of the pics below and post more as I can delve into my stored stuff.

The above pic is from last year. The Island is hanging on the wall, at kid height. There is fiberoptic cable running thru it to various crystals around the island and a cave in the back with stalactites and stalagmites... really!!! (Entrance behind Chop Chop) Solar cells are mounted in the top to recharge a battery and turn the LED on and off when it gets dark. The electrical recharge system, as it were, is not functioning properly yet however. Low light solar cells (the solar calculator type) arrived but....See Above (lol).

This is the island outside. That is the real sky. I put the model on its side, rotated the camera and Vio'La! The Horozontal is the Vertical and sideways is Up and Down! The hole in the wall is for Terrafin...I put a hole on the top ledge (Punch Pop Fizz is standing on it in the upper picture)...a furrow in the ground over to where he would have tunneled out onto the lower ledge. I also put recesses for the figure bases in the ground. There is one for TerraByte up where the tunnel begins!!lol.

This pic has Tricks to it. I experimented and took a bunch of pictures of the Island up against the most brightly colored sheet I could find...In this case, a bright halloween orange one. It served as a poor man's Blue Screen. In photo editing software I could say "grab and erase all bright orange"...and only the island would remain and I could then put it on a background picture of the sky. I couldn't use the other type trick because the Skylanders would fall over or out of their positions if I put the model on its side or upside down. And I didn't want to glue them down! You can just see the orange tinge on some of the rock edges. There I go giving away my secrets!!!lol. A final joke is that you can see my shadow in the lower quadrant of the picture!!!!lol...I learn alot everytime I try a project like this.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Custom Wall Display: Earth Island

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:55 am

Very cool stuff. I love stuff like this. Glad you shared.
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:35 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Portalmastermom » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:19 pm

This is truly amazing!! A work of art!! I can just imagine all the time and effort it took for you to make this. Your son is very lucky!
Thank you for sharing this. My whole family is here drooling over my laptop looking at your island. We will check out your blog. Thanks again!
Portalmastermom
Chompy

Return to Your Customs