[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Custom Traps

Custom Traps

Showcase your custom Skylanders

Custom Traps

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:34 am

Overall plan: Don't have two of the same trap. Here are 4 customized traps to achieve that goal.

Here is some detail on the two customized water traps. I really liked the first alteration ai made to the water angel trap. It was going to end there but then the outer ring of the Earth Orb that I had cut off the Earth trap just begged to be painted silver and used!

The four winged water trap was pretty simple and arguably the best looking!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Custom Traps

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:53 pm

The stuff you do amazes me. I really enjoy seeing your stuff. I think I would like to try to cut into some figures and change things on them but I am too worried I will mess things up bad if I tried it. So i guess I will keep on with basic re-paints and look forward to your posts to see some cool re-works
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Thanks, GR2! I appreciate it.
Its funny but I'm doing more physical alterations right now because, without my workspace, its less messy and easier than painting variants. But I want to paint a few too! Ideally, a repose and a paint job go together well as the paint covers any scratches or damage from the physical alteration. Ahhhh. Gotta have a dream!

I put a little blurb with the pictures of Dualist Gearshift: Bravery Test! (cutting up her Gear, not to mention cutting off her arms!!!!)
I feel the bite of uncertainty every time I begin doing anything like this: painting or altering. In the end, its a Awww! Go Ahead! moment...
Basic optimism helps- I try to remember: Something is gonna go according to plan. Its a given. As a matter of fact, a bit of "gone wrong" will make the final product better. Don't worry about it. Try. And be flexible.
Here's the optimism: You'll figure something out. You will.
And that 'Something'...will make either the final product or you better. So its not even a "gone wrong" really...its just the normal process.
Having a place for positive feedback and constructive criticism, like your comment and this whole site, encourages me greatly.

LOL! Ohh Yeah, that reminds me...After I cut off the wings of the above shown Water Angel, I had to trim and smooth off the surfaces. Totally harder than I thought!!! Not the cutting...but the getting it even and symmetrical. Trim a bit here...that's uneven...I'll trim the other side to match...little too much...now I have to re-trim the first side...I was in serious danger of being the perfectionist who wants a smooth log but thru a series of imperfect cuts, whittles the tree trunk down to a toothpick.
I had to stop and settle for, "It looks pretty good, a bit uneven and smudgy here and there, but pretty good." Now I did learn a thing or two so if I try to work this soft plastic again...Ill do better.
I also find pictures can be deceiving. I try not to hide blemishes or mistakes but the the natural tendency is to show the best side of any model. I think everybody learns more from the mistake...I do. Unno...I think I'll start taking some shots of anything I do that highlight the imperfections of the project. I can post them up with the title,"The Ugly Side". lol...Yes, I LIKE that!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:07 am

These are great! Love your creativity and ingenuity!
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:12 am

Nice...As you might have guessed, I am a fan of the blue and silver combo :)

I've had some painting ideas on the agenda for a few traps (I think I'm up to 4 that I "accidentally" bought thinking I didn't have them)...

I'll have to see if any warrant a more extreme custom process, lol.

I've yet to see the sculpt, but imagine making crossed swords! Tell me that would not be EPIC 8-)
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 pm

There are always things you could do with half a trap, for example you could make clay or papier mache models of the villain in the trap and put it on the crystal part.

Yes I have seen the sword sculpt, in life and air element.

Something I just thought of is a type of double ended trap, where you could have the crystal on 2 sides and when your first villain runs out you can flip and use a fresh one. You could do so many things, a double timer of the same villain, one evolved while the other isnt, and the sculpt would have so much more potential. Triple trap, quadruple trap, a villain that could last a whole level. Just think of the endless customisable possibilities . I need to try this. :lol:
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 am

Yeah, I am thinking they'd have to be extended...I have yet to see them in person, but given the size (height wise) of the Traps, I think it would pretty much be a requisite mod.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm

I have two sword sculpts traps in hand and...They are huge!!!
Lol...a crossed sword custom trap would therefore also be huge....x2!!! lol!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue May 05, 2015 8:49 pm

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1