[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Displaying/Storing Ideas for your Skylanders

Displaying/Storing Ideas for your Skylanders

Showcase your custom Skylanders

Displaying/Storing Ideas for your Skylanders

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Skylanders are Great!!! and There are so many of them!!!
Yeah.
Soooo many of them!!!!
Not to mention..well...I like a few of those amiibo's...and my son,..well. he has a few Infinity figures....
Bottom line: storage and/or display can be a challenge.

Wiisdom mentioned recently that with Superchargers coming, his storage and display options were becoming limited. I totally get THIS!!! :lol:

I have been making wall storage displays (which I will show more of soon...I hope!!!) and I am still being overrun!!!

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Displaying/Storing Ideas for your Skylanders

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:35 pm

I ran across this website for amiibo fans and they had a good idea for figurine displays. They reference a few types and link thru Amazon for purchase. I googled "Copco Non-Skid Cabinet Organizer" and easily found some thru Bed Bath and Beyond for @$7.99.
The third and 4th versions showed: the clear plastic ones stands out to me. (For reference the smaller: Azar Displays Three-Tier Counter Acrylic Step Display, Item: 323057, Model: 326046) You can put Skylanders on the top but it also looks like you could put perhaps 2 rows of Skylanders underneath depending on the size you get. I'm sure most Gaints would fit given the dimensions, maybe the variants of the one's above! That's almost doubling the number of Skylanders stored on the same shelfspace!!
Good Displaying:

Copco Non-Skid Cabinet Organizer
It may seem odd, but these Cabinet Organizers from Copco make fantastic amiibo figure stands!
The 15-inch model has enough space for 18 amiibo figures and there is a smaller, 10-inch model available if you don't need quite as much space.
Both models are inexpensive and are highly recommended!

Image,Image,Image,Image

Link to the Amiibros.com page:

Link to Bed Bath N Beyond for the same thing:

Link to the smaller clear plastic one I like thru Staples (It shows a set of 2 for @$19, found em on Amazon at varying prices)
For reference: Azar Displays Three-Tier Counter Acrylic Step Display, Item: 323057, Model: 326046
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:14 am

If i can get together some paddle pop sticks and cardboard i could make an awesome racing style display case. Layers of bleachers for normal figures, a nice pitstop run by tech element of course, and maybe a nice harbour and aircraft hangar too. This new game is giving me some nice didplay ideas, but where to put it all?!
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah! The "where to put it all" remains a top question!!
Any display I work on now ideally incorporates some aspect of storage!
As a matter of fact, I'm kinda think'in more about the potential storage capacity than the overall design!!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Nice...have you tried the organizer stands yet? There is honestly no more room...I mentioned that in my early impressions on SuperChargers...where does it all go?! :lol:

The islands are the best looking option, but you'd need a lot of free time to keep up with the ever increasing armada of Skylanders.

I wonder if anyone will store the "vehicles" in the garage, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Omenix found this Superchargers's Gas Station/Display case...
Here is a link to his thread about it...

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:07 am

Also, fwiw my local GameStop has started stocking the Hori Single Amiibo displays....$7.99 is retail.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:37 am

$8?! That's about half the cost of sn amiibo! No one's seriously gonna buy this right?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 am

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm

A really nice wooden display with led underlighting built bya young fan (Alphawolf on Darkspyro.net) and his dad:

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Next

Return to Your Customs