[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Forum Update and MIA

Forum Update and MIA

How to Register, PM, and Share Pictures/Videos

Re: Forum Update and MIA

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:05 am

Awesome stuff! Thanks, I'll definitely use it once I am up and running full speed again.

To kind of update thus thread, I am basically shopping for a new computer :(

I have the powelik virus and while my antivirus now identifies and removes it, upon restart the virus rewrites and downloads itself before the antivirus is up and running. I am currently offline and my computer works great! That said, if I connect to upload, check email, etc the whole process starts again...

I got quotes Friday and they are basically $1-200 an hour for on site with estimates from 2-10 hrs, or a flat rate of $200 to fix it with 3-5 day lead times, and longer if they have trouble with it...

$200 is about 1/2 of a nice tower, and about 1/3 of a really nice tower. I bought this one 3 years ago to last a long time and the virus and rehab prices have killed that. It is pretty said windows and norton can't kill this thing. And in all honesty, I'm a fan of the blue tower lighting that is readily available now lol.

I'm shopping around as we speak, and sadly when I'm not at work, my online device is a tablet...not the best thing for web design and forum mgt. Lol.

Rest assured though, once I'm back in business I'll utilize some of your artwork! I've got a few ideas as well :mrgreen:
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:04 am

Took some pics of the Elite boxes...Above is the final iteration.

Earlier but unique iterations...

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:37 pm

More great stuff!

I thought I had my PC cleared Sunday night and then my Nephew and I streamed Minecraft...I went thru the PC as opposed to the XB1...computer's fan started screaming and I checked the task manager...virus had re-initiated itself despite Norton claiming it was fully resolved :(

I'm basically at a stand still on everything until I can get it resolved, or buy a new tower.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 am

look on the bright side...this relative down period allows you to catch your breath...get ahead on your videos and plan for the return...
(That's window dressing for it's frustrating, wastes time and costs money)

A few more and a concept.

The above represent fun...and an idea. The top one is one of my favorite quotes fron Skylanders! It could be fun to have people drop their favorite Skylander quotes onto a thread. I could make this kind of pic out of it then drop,it back with it labelled as their favorite. After a while, if enough have been generated, they could be displayed. At the very least it could be a reward for hitting a certain number of posts..lol.
The second Flynn quote pic just demonstrates that site"Billboards" can be generated using favorite quotes from all favorite NPC's. This one turned out well, I was pleased with it.
The fun continues...

These two are blank slates for any use. I've found these handy to have. Tha element background is nice. It can be dropped anywhere as a background.

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Continued the previous theme…
Thought you might like this. Hey! Why start your own forum if you can't show a little favoritism to the skeletons you like the most!

Next are some variations and backgrounds you might prefer or find useful.
Interestingly, most of the variations are the experiments or tests I use to get to the version I like.

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:19 am

Wanted to do this one right from the start...lol!
The actual book cover is the last picture.
I'll have to add in the book later...

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Great stuff, especially like the T-Bone set!
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Long story short…We moved @6months ago. I am FINALLY getting a workspace/mancave!!!! I am putting it together and I am using all the old skylander packaging/art to cover the workbench and shelving. After prepping, I did a test collage. This is a byproduct: I took a few shots of one of my test setups…They make interesting backgrounds. I made a few banners but there are more shots that I like more…

Borderless...

These am fairly happy with these but they were my first attempt. I have more shots of the collage. I will experiment. And when I finalize the workbench and shelves, I will take shots of those collages.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Here is the best version. It is in focus and the framing is satisfactory. This is a fairly plain version for any use you might have (backgrounds, etc). This version has the Halloween label I took from our Pumpkin EyeBrawl packaging! It should be fairly simple to find. This type of picture would be great for a Where's Waldo type question…lol. Not a bad idea actually-Kinda like Chase McCain..lol!
The following banners are based on this clean Final Version. Its slightly larger than the standard so you may have to go to photo bucket to get the full version. Incidentally, if you need higher resolution versions for any reason let me know. Banners are coming…I keep misspelling the site as SkylandersClub.com….. :evil: Total Waste of My Time!!!

I'll have to send you a perspective shot just out interest, showing how I prepared it.
And here it is..! The Edit post function is good. That's my foot in the lower right.

Here's the base banner…a standard horizontal and a vertical.

I planned for it but I really like the 4 cards showing all 4 of the games…Ties it all in. (Its on the top big banner too but you can't see it on the display-you can see it on the photobucket site)

Here are my two favorites, and then variations...

And a generic Christmas/Holidays banner….Hey, its just around the corner…and this one is spelled right!!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:12 am

Ok..Not to overwhelm you….lol.
Here are two types of backgrounds, at least one colored for each element. I'm assuming they may be helpful building the site pages etc. I also find them helpful with pictures and as blank area in my photos where I want to add typed text.
Side note...See if you can tell what I photographed to make the logo for the second set. The answer will be at the bottom of this post…

The Second Set…

I took pics of the Back cover of the Swap Force Collector's Edition Strategy Guide.
I used it as a quick backdrop in these Elite Chop Chop pics.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Help