[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Forum Update and MIA

Forum Update and MIA

How to Register, PM, and Share Pictures/Videos

Re: Forum Update and MIA

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:15 am

I like this Banner..!!

I thought about making a set with a tag line for each element and was starting to do it. I think I was beginning an Undead version with the line, "We talk about Death." I had to step away for a few minutes, put the pad down, forgetting that this simple program won't save if you go to screen saver...D'oh!
If you like this look, I can go back for the other elements. The Life tag line works pretty well. I hadn't thought of others yet...perhaps..."Let's Talk Tech."..."We're Rooted in the Earth". I also like "It's Kind'a Magic. or "It's a Kind of Magic." Maybe..."Fire. It's Elemental.". Come to think of it, that last one works for any of 'em...I think Air the best..its one of the 4 standard elements in the real world (Earth, Air, Fire, Water).
LOL!!! I just thought of..."Undead. Nuff' Said."
Let me know...lol....this is too silly...too fun.
To beat it over the head: I like the tag lines that simultaneously refer to both the specific element shown and The SkylanderClub.
A general tag for any would be," The Elemental Choice."

PS...I keep thinking of other stuff here...There's GOTTA be joke here about the gates !!!
Tag Line: "....Wait For It." or "We got Mystery." or "We Talk About The Unknown."...Wait!..just one word," Mysterious."

A separate plain banner from the same session.
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:24 am

The Backgrounds that spawned the above...

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:11 am

A neat combination of all the back ground pages into a single background. These sets can add a a degree of motif/cohesion to a multipage or multi-link section with a page like this acting as the header or index page-Ties it all together visually.
Anyway, please take any of my suggestions in the light it is intended: Artistic options for you to use to form the site how you see it. If you want a modification of something you've seen, let me know. This is helping me gear up to document some of my builds. Its been fun trying to go in different directions, different looks, different applications for the visual stuff! If I'm flooding you with all of these or if you want them sent to a different location, let me know.

Having not built a Forum before..lol)... Do you need... buttons and the like?..Such as skylander styled "Click Here", etc, etc..? Do you use simple .gif animations?

Wanted to see how something like this would look....
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:34 am

A combo/Header page for this style...

I decided to play with this...

I think these are interesting! Quirky backgrounds...It also dawned on me that they are pretty bright! So I put together the demo below to give you a visual to demonstrate that any of the backgrounds can be muted.(I think this habit is why I shift to black and white every now and again).

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:18 am

Really like the "We Talk About Life." It is just so literal, lol.

I've been really busy, but spent some time tonight trying to figure out how to override a default index page in cPanel with MULTIPLE domains...Needless to say, it was "fruitless" (see the life tie in there...it is 5 AM and I find it hysterical).

Anyway, I did what anyone would do at 3 AM on a project they wanted done a few months ago...I redirected, lol.

I now OFFICIALLY have SkylanderClub.com redirecting here to SkylanderClub.com/forum

This should start indexing the site soon and drive more traffic our way. In all honesty the home page was going to be 90% links anyway (to the forum, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, and Facebook etc).

Once I get caught up getting my "details" to this site, I will start using some of your stuff on social media :) In all honesty, I don't want to push the site much until I am caught up, lol. Once that happens, I will get some good things going and feature a lot of your designs to (being reading in Kaos voice) lure in unsuspecting Portal Masters to a site so epic and informative, so diabolically fun, so completely and utterly over saturated with the knowledge of the world's best minds, players, and collectors of all things Skylanderia that they'll have no choice but to sign up and browse endlessly...Bahahahahahahaha!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 am

I'm so glad its you crunching thru the technical hassles and not me. Wait...Did I type that out loud?!?
Lol! I'm not in any rush...gives me more time for things like THIS!....These just had to happen..
(the first group is my 1st choice, followed by the alternates)

The Enlightened Choice may be too cerebral, but hey! lets think the best of people here...lol. (I misspelled it like twice) But I like pun.
One's like Breezy make me laugh because they are just...off to the side a bit. I can just imagine someone glancing at it, carrying on, then stopping to say,"..wait...What?...ohh, yeah." Its like "Heavy" shown below...just retro and odd.
Almost put," Sheesh! The Living!" for undead.
Get a Life kills me...Wow! bad pun...but it does. Controversial perhaps but I also love "Insert Death joke Here"...Totally out of left field and yet I think most people will feel like they are part of an inside joke when they read it.

And the rest...Frankly I like all the Undead ones.

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:02 am

Undead = Unearthly Proportions! or something, I dunno the get a life one sounds odd for it.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:33 am

Completing the Set….lol.
(I had to drop a symbol to keep the format-Hopefully no on will notice Air is missing!)

Blank Banner with all elements...

And this….
May not be as relevant when they make the reveal….but until then, it makes me laugh.

Finishing out the new Element theme…

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Help