[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - GameStop Skylander Day Flyer-Jan 10th-Villian Variant

GameStop Skylander Day Flyer-Jan 10th-Villian Variant

Post up good deals and Skylanders Sales

GameStop Skylander Day Flyer-Jan 10th-Villian Variant

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:49 am

Some downright good deals here AND new releases apparently!!
A special Lob Goblin in a Rocket Trap for one!! Also...The $5 off Eon's Elite really caught me by surprise!!
To me, that means the Elite's were not moving fast enough for Gamestop. Either way, benefit to the people.
The discount on the Light/Dark Expansion packs is also a Good Deal.
This looks to be one of the most promising Skylanders Days Gamestop has ever had. If only they have the stock on hand...! We will see!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: GameStop Skylander Day Flyer-Jan 10th-Villian Variant

Postby Omenix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:22 am

What wonderful deals, wish they came down under! That lob goblin variant should be interesting.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks for sharing. I was going to grab Elite Terrafin and Stealth Elf this week but will wait a few days now. The light trap with the varient villian is cool news. As of right now those two elites is all I am missing waves 1-3 so I can't wait for 1/10.
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:07 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:32 am

Lob goblin was actually in nightmare express.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:12 am

Yes lob goblin is in nightmare express but this trap comes pre loaded with a varient version like outlaw brawl and chain from target on day 1 launch and steamed broccoli guy from the trap 8 pack
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:29 pm

OK....
Hit Skylander Day at GameStop today...

Here's the highlight:
(Woo-Hoo!)Image

And here's the score:
(Booooooo!)

To be concise, GameStop Blew it!
They advertised very good deals but had minimal stock to actually make the deals possible.
In addition, they were selling the sales items earlie in the week. More later.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:36 am

Welcome to later.....
So to continue:
GameStop has only themselves to blame for making their "Skylander Days" events pretty laughable. To be fair, they do seem to be raising the bar on each of their failures. As I recall,the first Skylanders Days had pretty mild to boring deals: not much savings on items that were already long released. I would say the deals have really become excellent..B2G1Free on traps, traps for 99 cents with a Trap Master purchase, sizable discount on the Expansion Packs if bought together, free trinket stuff w purchases (Mini comic)...And finally: new to fairly-new content with the Rebel Lob Goblin in a New Trap and the expansion packs with newer Trap Masters prominently displayed on their flyer
Not Bad GameStop.

EXCEPT.....all four of the Gamestops I visited...yes FOUR... had NO new Trap Masters (one deal made practically useless), NO Light and Dark Expansion packs eligible for the deal as you need one of each (deal two rendered useless), Rocket Traps were all sold out. I was informed that some of the stores had 1 or two at opening (The store I started with had none but more on that in a bit but therefore: Deal 3 made InOperative!), their trap selection was certainly uncluttered by anything new or diverse, making the thought of getting even 1 extra trap to combine with my purchase of the Special Trap for a Free one not worth it! Wow! Deal 4...Wooooshhh!!!
Lol.....
Now, I'm not new to this game. And by that I mean the games and the "Hunt" and, to boot, I like GameStop and their employees. But their corporate distubution and logistics KILLED this promo!
Finally, however, I come to the real head scratcher. The " 'Coup-De-Potatoes" to butcher a phrase: They Had Some Stock And Have Been Selling It All Week!! rOTfL.....
I have seen Light AND Dark traps both at my local store, they told me earlier that they got in a few Special Traps and had already sold them. I even saw some of the newest Trapmasters Kaboom, Tuff Luck and one store said they had Blasterminds!!! All Sold Out in the 5-6 days leading up to the Skylandet Day!! lol..hahahahahahahaha.
I have no problem with them selling but Why set yourself up for a fall?? Besides annoying your customers, I know this annoyed their employees!!
Ok ...rant over...I just found this whole experience....really silly. If GameStop doesn't take their own promotions seriously, in the future, I won't either.
So the Take Away Lesson here is....
1.When GameStop announces a Skylander Day...go shopping there on the days BEFORE the sale, especially for anything exclusive or rare!!
2. Call ahead. They will hold one for you if they can and you save a trip if they don't. I forgot to do that this time and it cost me.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Sorry to hear that, but at least you got one of the Traps. I tend to fare better with GS stuff because I live close (freight wise) to the distribution center and am fairly well known by the staff (ie different shifts).

That said, I couldn't hit my usual store and wound up at an out of town one and they claimed they didn't get the comic at all..so, no "free to the first 20" etc.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master