[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Gamestop Skylander Day 6/27 Sales

Gamestop Skylander Day 6/27 Sales

Post up good deals and Skylanders Sales

Gamestop Skylander Day 6/27 Sales

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:06 am

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Gamestop Skylander Day 6/27 Sales

Postby Omenix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:58 am

The poster might be good if you get it on the day you preorder and it shows off unrevealed characters .

Also I'm in Australia not New Zealand (although it'd be a great place for a holiday :lol: )
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:59 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:42 am

Here is the FLYER:

The Shrednaught variant is listed above.

The King Cobra variant is also mentioned above and has been seen as listed in the GS system as available on 6/27:

Good Hunting!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:58 am

Nice, I'll investigate soon...wonder if the poster will spill any beans? It sounds like they plan to make you gather quite a few of them over time to "complete it."

I am, however, a bit worried that a BOGO status on the Elites may imply they are in fact not maintained in SuperChargers as being 3x more powerful...I hope I am reading into that wrong :(
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:48 am

I would be very surprised if they "downgraded" them. Its seems a simple matter. They are just like any other skylander in the memory, just with higher stats. Now, I am curious if they will adjust the 3x values in Superchargers (eg. the top values change in any way from what they are in Trap Team).
More ominous to me is will they continue the line? While they have been cool for us, I wonder if two 50% off sales that still don't clear the inventory will make them think twice. I guess it will all come down to did the Elite Line make any money?

Well, in any case, while I have very little faith in the stock being robust, these sales will provide a chance to perhaps pick up inexpensive "second path" duplicates for Trap Masters, cores (I'm gonna pick up King Cobra so that is 1 BOGO free core.) and even traps. (I am gonna put a trap "chip" into our Mcdonalds Wolfgang!!!)

Ohh Yeah! Have you seen how inexpensive a used PowerA Giant's Arena display is going for?!? Wow! (bottom of the flyer, left hand side)

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:34 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Stopped in today to follow my own advice....
Nothing special was out on the shelves...decent stock out both in numbers and diversity...with the exception being traps.
I am surprised at the complete lack of detail concerning the 3DS and Wii release. I don't think I would be preordering this early but the lack of detail pretty much locks that option out.
The Staff was a bit distracted today but my friend did mention she actually has seen the promotion details, unlike other Skylander Days, and that they already had the "stuff" in the back

So I guess Saturday it is!!! See Ya' there..!

Ps: ohh! And unlike the Skylander Game tweet and picture of Gnarly Tree Rex mini shown above, i have seen comment that Gnarly is available at ToiysRUs. So the "store exclusive" claim seems to be.....exaggerated?!? :roll:

Also..as I will be picking up the King Cobra variant...I am trying to think what core Skylander I will pick up to take advantage of the B1G1Free deal. As we have a complete set, this will be a duplicate to allow us to explore the second path (not to mention, perhaps paint as a custom variant!).
:?: :!:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:39 am

I ran my errands Wednesday night and called in...they had nothing...I am thinking if I was on my Thursday schedule I would have likely been heading home with the poster and quite possibly KCC.

Hmm, I haven't gotten to upgrade all of my cores yet, but I was impressed with Rocky Roll on both paths.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:31 am

(small Skylander Day Flyer)

Skylanders Day!
Stopped in this morning and checked it out. It actually was what they advertised...for a lovely change.

The first surprise was found on the back of the new Skylanders Day Flyer.

Shark Shooter Terrafin's vehicle...
AND..in a COMBO PACK!! Another subtle reveal: There WILL be Combo Packs!
(Totally missed this last point but I have edited it in Thanks to Omenix!)

The next surprise took a second to sink in...
This is the first confirmation that I have seen that a single pack of Hot Streak will be available. This makes sense with Bowser and Donkey Kong replacing Hot Streak and driver in the Nintendo starter packs. Still...it is nice to see it confirmed. My last question on this subject is,"Will it be available on release day?"

Lastly...
It is nice to get a first look at the standard packaging for the figures...
(The joking part of me said...Stealth Elf?...really?)

We picked up king Cobra and took advantage of the B1G1Free offer. We picked up.....CHOPPER!
Ya' just gotta explore the second path of a dinosaur with a helicopter!

Then, in a surprise move, we pre-ordered the WiiU starter pack of Superchargers for $5.
We did this because Steampunk Shrednaught Variant and the big collector poster came free with the preorder. The SS Variant was $6 if you bought it and I can switch the preorder around later if I want. Worst case scenario, I eat the $5 deposit but I still paid less than $6 for the variant.

(And here's a Closeup of the driver...Splat, I believe!)

All the other deals were in force (Elites, traps, cores and Trap Masters). We were tempted to get a trap master and 1 free but we decided against it. All told we spent @$15.75 and got King Cobra, Chopper, the Shrednaught Variant and $5 toward our preorder. Not bad at all with a poster thrown in to boot!
So...Good Deals to be had today on pretty much all aspects of the game.
Here is a pic or two....or 6! ☑️

King Cobra Cadabra
Back Panel...

I didn't think we were gonna pick up Steampunk Shrednaught...but...
i like the blue evolved villians look and the deal was pretty good!
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Next

Return to Sales