[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders Day 1/9/16- KAOS TROPHY and SKYMIIBO DOUBLE PACKS

Skylanders Day 1/9/16- KAOS TROPHY and SKYMIIBO DOUBLE PACKS

Post up good deals and Skylanders Sales

Skylanders Day 1/9/16- KAOS TROPHY and SKYMIIBO DOUBLE PACKS

Postby ZapNorris » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Sales Include:
$40 Regular starters and $60 Dark starters
$13 Combo Packs (Excludes Skymiibos)
$18 Racing packs (Sea/SKY)
Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Superchargers Figures/Vehicles
Buy new starter, get old one FREE

Also, the Kaos Trophy will be sold as a single for $7.99, and the Skymiibos as double packs (DK/Barrel Blaster and Bowser/Clown Cruiser) will be sold there too.
ZapNorris
Rookie

Re: Skylanders Day 1/9/16- KAOS TROPHY and SKYMIIBO DOUBLE P

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Cool Post !!!
Thanks for the info! I missed this one!!!
These are some good deals (lets hope they have stock!!)
And the nintendo combo packs!! I didn't see that coming.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Official-Sky » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:41 am

It's a good thing I waited to buy wave 3! Now my wallet can be 'somewhat' happy.
Oh yeah, you'll be seeing me at Gamestop that Saturday!
Official-Sky
Rookie

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:46 am

I hate to say it, but given how soon and drastic the price cuts have been on SuperChargers, I don't see much point in rushing in on the next game. I think I will sit tight, pick up a few highly desired characters at launch, and play it with the old characters.

The amount of $ lost by players like myself who have gone out and tried to ensure ownership against a rush, low stock, and other circumstances is ridiculous. There is really no reward, or incentive to continue that trend when you can save 50% or MORE by waiting. I'd expect these prices after the final wave and in the summer lull, but they came on VERY early for SuperChargers. I took a really big hit going out and securing standard and Dark Bowser/DK, but I really feel for those who went 2x that far with the intention of having 1 for each path...

The real slap in the face for me personally is the lack of a stand alone Spitfire/Hot Streak...the one non-variant character/vehicle I lack...go figure.

Nonetheless, on the bright side...great savings for those who held out and the Nintendo Dual Packs are a very nice surprise.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:00 pm

This is really frustrating. I spent $120 for dark edition on Wii U when , if combined with this and sales currently going on, I could have had the game on PS4 and WiiU, starting with standard on Wii U and a couple of my favourites from wave 1. And then for a mere $57 I can now get PS4 and this Bowser dual pack AND the trophy for the same price as the 3ds pack I paid $90 for which I then completed the campaign in a few days. Really rather frustrating here. On another forum Wiisdom expressed an idea to refrain from buying a whole lot day 1 on this year's game and I'll probs do the same thing.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:33 am

Yep, I am really considering just doing a Starter Pack, and a few favorites and letting the massive armada of already owned Skylanders do the grunt work next time. I wasn't too thrilled with the Minis and Traps last game, and while I have no objection to the vehicles, the way the "specialness" of the Dark SP has been stripped is a bit disheartening. The real kicker is the savings differential between Launch and just a little later. Final insult to injury remains regular Spitfire still being tied to SPs.

No one had knowledge of Bowser, DK, AND their vehicles going to be available outside of the starter packs...Had this been common knowledge, I would have waited for the standards, not had extra game/portals to deal with (and only been burned for full price on the 2 Dark Starter Packs). A bit more transparency would go a long way imo...I really don't need 5 extra Portals sitting around along with extra copies of the game :roll:

Last year's Dark SP at least maintained the "Ultimate" Kaos Trap.

I am seeing more and more incentive to NOT buying than I am to go out on Day 1 and try to secure the assets...after this, I would rather risk missing a character to short/under production than just throwing money away.

Still love the series, and the game, but to have this many add-ons, with this significant of a price cut so early really burns a bit. Imo the Dark SP, Elites, Legendaries, and other alt-decos need to be held in higher regard and subsequently maintain what makes them special. I would expect cuts and sales like this in the summer, but not just a few weeks after launch. While I'm sure it is done with intentions of spiking sales for SuperChargers, it certainly doesn't go without notice for Day 1 Loyalists like myself. The $ I could have saved from Launch Day to Holiday Time (basically 2 months) would have been enough to get next year's game, Wave 1, and a selection of subsequent figures with ease...

On the bright side, I hope that the standard Sky Race Action Pack is well stocked...$17.49 is a good price for the figure+vehicle+trophy. Also, I suppose there is a small chance we could see Roller Brawl and her Tomb Buggy, which would be a nice surprise (especially since they should have been out before Halloween).
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:38 am

To be honest im also kind of dissapointed that the trophies dont also add some new playable level. As this is my first Skylanders game id have loved to have that creative and fun level design added to a few expansions. Not that I feel ripped off or anything, each trophy is essentially 4 more characters and a few unique races and adds value. I just want to experience some of the old school level add ons as there is no way im going back to play the old Skylanders as it's far easier ( and cheaper ) to play these games moving forward.
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:18 pm

I stopped into the Skylander Day at Gamestop. As previously mentioned, the deals were pretty good. Having little extra cash and being pretty much up to date on our Skylanders, we had no real need to get anything. i was a bit disappointed that there was no poster/handout! I missed the other piece(s) of the Superchargers poster they were handing out previously!

The Skymiibo dual packs were attractive. I agree with you all, knowing earlier what their release plans were would have altered my original buying strategy. If you recall, I got the standard Donkey Kong because I thought that was going to be a hard either/or choice over the Dark version.
I think these radical sales and the differences in the strategy this year are in response to the expanding toys-to-life choices in the market (and on the shelves) this year! As I don't see the competition going away, I think the plan for the next Skylanders release should definitely be a more wait and see than get it today! Could be more fun in certain ways! Even the weird releases this year can be spun into some enjoyment: I can now add dark Donkey Kong to my "Look For" list...along with Breeze, believe it or not!! Can't find her! :lol:
I still can't justify getting vehicle variants, as they just don't seem to add anything gamewise. Just a new shell...which they have even further reduced in value as they have released that new "Paint Scheme" customization area on Pandergast's Island with Update 1.5. I am actually liking the updates, BTW.

Another sidenote, We finished the game storymode-wise: Unprecedented with our usual Skylander game style. So this year is a different vibe for us (Not Bad, just different). We are looking more to the ongoing challenges and extra content, which, I must say, there is a significant amount of what with the extra races, Boosts, Paint Scheme Mod packages, daily challenges and the racing cups. Just started to refine the vehicles for specific races (Maximizing handling for some, maximizing speed and boost for others. This was absolutely a must for me to get the 3 Star/50 second mark on the Speed Elemental Zone race. I tried and tried and had a phenominal run which came in at 50.02 seconds!!! ARRGGHH!. Resetting for top speed and a boost put me just under the time! Woo-Hoo! Either way it was fun :lol: )
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:24 am

Ironic that they did this so more people would buy these characters/items in the aim of increasing sales, but ultimately will reduce sales next game.

Overall, I did enjoy this game, and I feel that the money spent would have been worth it, had it not been for the vehicle segments in game. I feel that they broke up the flow of the game, and were very frustrating. The controls aren't good and often cause great damage. This wouldn't be too bad, but it causes characters to lose health very quickly and sometimes I can go through several on one segment, particularly in Sea vehicle segments. This is frustrating because I want the characters for actually playing the game, not cannon fodder for bombs in a Sea level. This is especially fristrating given the greatness of the levels themselves, which all have unique functions to change up and expand around the gameplay and react off the characters.

I think it would have been better if the vehicles themselves had the health, obviously large amounts, and if the vehicle "broke down" you can either restart the segment or place another vehicle on.

This gives me hope for the future regarding levels, and I hope in future there will be less gimmicks and more bettervlevel and character design which might just bring the franchise back to the glory days of SSA and maybe just allow tge sales to keep up rather than steadily decreasing
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to Sales