[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Toys R US Buy1-GET ONE FREE SALE this Saturday 1-23-16

Toys R US Buy1-GET ONE FREE SALE this Saturday 1-23-16

Post up good deals and Skylanders Sales

Toys R US Buy1-GET ONE FREE SALE this Saturday 1-23-16

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:01 am

Caught word of this on the Web: 8-) The source seemed pretty solid so I have no reason to doubt it.
(I REALLY hope this applies to the ELITES! I could pick up the remaining 4 we don't have.)

On a separate note, part of Activision cutting prices has nothing to do with good or bad sales of Superchargers. When your competition cuts their starter sets to half off, there is a strong argument to be made that you have to follow suit or be left behind. All in all, this is why competition in the marketplace is good for the consumer. (All we have to remember now is to hold back a bit on future Skylander Release Days: Hey Me! Remind myself to be PATIENT, the prices will drop significantly after Christmas!)

This Saturday (1/23/16), both online & in-store, you can pick up the following deals….

Buy 1 get 1 Free ALL Skylanders Single Figures and Vehicles
39.99 ALL Skylanders Superchargers starter packs regularly priced $64.99 to $74.99
Oh yes, the Buy 1 Get 1 free (is) on ALL Skylanders figures and vehicles!

Here are some other deals you can look forward to in other Toys-To-Life franchises as well…

Disney Infinity

50% off ALL Disney Infinity Playsets
$39.99 Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Starter Pack regularly priced $64.99
2 for $17 ALL Disney Infinity 3.0 Single Figures
LEGO Dimensions

$3 LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack when you purchase any team or level pack
$15 off LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack
Get 2 Free LEGO Dimensions Fun Packs w/ purchase of Lego Dimensions Starter Pack
2 for $15 ALL LEGO Dimensions Fun Packs
- See more at: http://www.skylandersinquirer.com/2016/ ... 0dXWx.dpuf
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Toys R US Buy1-GET ONE FREE SALE this Saturday 1-23-16

Postby Omenix » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 am

These are some pretty sweet deals. Is TRU more reliable than the Gamestop Skylander days? In any case, good luck with those elites.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:28 am

Thanks! Money is tight..we will have to see :roll:
TRU is "The" most officially connected retailer for Skylanders. Each of the big retailers has exclusives and certain one-off deals(Nitro-Target stores, Gamestop-Kaos Trophy release, etc), but Toys-R-Us seems to have the most exclusives, early release dates and, I think its pretty well established, the biggest selection. For example they have three of the Elites exclusive, the Legendary series and almost all of the early releases. Toys-R-Us also tacks on an additional $1-2 dollars per item-Hence why I only go to them when they have significant deals.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Hit the sale! Stock was limited but we did well. Picked up Legendary Roller Brawl and got standard Fiesta for free. We onky had the Halloween Fiesta.
Now the Elites were a different story...technically, they were not part of the deal. Toys-R-Us is the KING of the fineprint! However, their advertisements this time were so vague (All Skylander single packs B1Get1 Free), I felt justified calling the manager over. After an amiable chat, she extended the deal and we picked up Elite Zook and got Elite Dinorang for free. Woo-Hoo! I was lucky enough to get Elites Slam Bam and Voodood for Christmas, so that got the TRU exclusives out of the way. They were out of the last two so we hit Best Buy on our way home and got the Gamers Club 20% discount on Elites Ghost Roaster and Boomer, plus I used a $5 points coupon. They sell for $19.99 at Best Buy so it ended up being @$13.50 for each. Not too shabby!
I know they might have dropped a bit further but I wanted to get the Elites out of the way. I get a feeling they are in less plentiful supply this time around. I am quite relieved we could knock them off the list when I had the budget for them and they were on significant sale!
They were also running a B1Get2Free on older Skylanders so I picked up some lightcore Hex's, Countdowns and a Whamshell. I want to experiment with cannibalizing their LED's to create a few custom lightcore's! (I see a Reef Ripper with a yellow/amber lightcore light in the cabin! We will see...Maybe I can use my drill on 'em!!! lol!)
Anyway, it was a good day!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:00 am

Sounds like a really nice haul lol. Skylanders are getting increasingly harder to find here, for example you could find characters from Giants (LC Hex) but the oldest I can find are a few minis from TT. The newer ones also look to be coming in smaller amounts of stock, I think LD and DI are taking some shelf space and some of the market so stores feel the need to order less. Even the Elites are getting fewer at EB games and TRU has stopped stocking them all together. Very peculiar.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:43 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:11 am

I think the new competition is good for the series, and the genre. It provides some nice variance for buyers and can bring down all of the prices. A prime example of the competition being good are the Skymiibos, it's great for everyone, new buyers who buy the game for the amiibo, fun new characters for the older players. I definitely think the franchise will continue going strong for several more years before the real "doom and gloom" begins. And who knows what will happen in those years?

Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to Sales