[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylander Day, December 17th-18th

Skylander Day, December 17th-18th

Post up good deals and Skylanders Sales

Skylander Day, December 17th-18th

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:30 am

This is the first word on the next Gamestop Skylander Day:

Now as you may know, Skylander Days at Gamestop have not been without....issues...in the past. a fine example would be pre-selling all of the advertised stock to the point where they don't have any on the actual Skylander Day event. A second would be *meh* deals. Deals that are nothing to write home about.
However, they seem to have improved a bit on both fronts in the past. All in all, its usually worth a trip to the local store. Worst case, its a bust and maybe you can get a extra poster or some such. On the other hand, they do offer good deals every now and again. Additionally, I have found them to be an excellent source for used Skylanders, a nifty and usually inexpensive way to fill in any character holes in your collection. A simple search on their site will pull up any older Skylander your looking for and they will even tell you which local stores are carrying the figure.
Additionally, it looks like they are running it both on Saturday and Sunday...That is new to my memory.
When the deals offered become public knowledge, I will post them up here.

SKYLANDER DAY 2017: Will it be good??!???
or
Will they "Glumshank"s it??
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Skylander Day, December 17th-18th

Postby Plaag » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:00 am

I plan on going Saturday, hoping to turn in a second game disc and portal for some store credit and getting Mystical Bad Juju. I doubt I'll be picking anything else up.

ShaneG.
Plaag
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:53 am

Nothing new to update...I have found nothing...and I mean NOTHING about the upcoming Skylander Days.
While I know they can be very tight lipped about upcoming sales, Gamestop seems to be playing this one pretty close to the vest!
I would guess that they would prefer to have people buy something today at a higher price than to have them wait a week and pick it up cheaper. But STILL...having a Sale that nobody knows about is...weird! lol.
I surmise potential Christmas profit trumps standard advertising logic. It does make me wonder, however, IF this Skylander Day has been a false report..!
Time will tell.......... :?:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 am

OK, SO GOOD NEWS x2:
A flyer for the upcoming Skylander Day(s) has been released detailing the deals AND...The Dark Starter Pack is being offered for a substantial discount!!!
Mystical Bad Juju should be arriving as well. The 2 for $20 deal is pretty good too, especially if you are part of the Skylander Gaming Club (Free to join and basically its every 5th Skylander Free) and, if, they have more of Wave 3 there.
I would love to get Jingle Bell Chompy Mage and Mystical Bad Juju.

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Plaag » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Good to know, though I'm still only going (now possibly Sunday) for Mystical Bad Juju.

ShaneG.
Plaag
Chompy

Postby Omenix » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Wow that dark starter deal is great. I wish our sales were this good, the best we can hope for is a clearance a year or 2 after release or a buy 2 get one free on pre owned figures.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Plaag » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 am

Skipping the whole Gamestop thing and just ordered it online. The bloody weather here will be too damn cold to want to go out for just this.

ShaneG.
Plaag
Chompy

Return to Sales