[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Trap Team Holiday Press Release: Thanksgiving & Christmas

Trap Team Holiday Press Release: Thanksgiving & Christmas

Post the latest Skylanders News

Trap Team Holiday Press Release: Thanksgiving & Christmas

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 am

*I have Cliff Notes down below AND bolded things of interest in the official release to make your life a little easier :ugeek:

NEW SKYLANDERS TOYS AND GIFTS BRING MAGIC TO FANS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

Winterfest Lob-Star Skylander, Latest Eon's Elite Whirlwind and New Merchandise Now Available

Eruptor Balloon Flies in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® Lineup for First Time in Franchise History

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Nov. 24, 2014 - It's officially the holiday season in the world of Skylands! To celebrate, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is spreading cheer by debuting a special holiday Skylanders® Trap Team character, Winterfest Lob-Star, on December 7 to Portal Masters in North America. Also, Skylanders® players in North America can get their hands on the fourth Eon's Elite character, Whirlwind, another fan-favorite character that made her debut in Skylanders® Spyro's Adventure. Winterfest Lob-Star and Eon's Elite Whirlwind are examples of a variety of Skylanders-themed holiday offerings perfect for Skylanders fans looking for the best stocking stuffers this gift giving season.

On Thanksgiving Day, Skylanders fans can look to the skies as Eruptor makes his first flight in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Eruptor will join the prestigious ranks of balloons soaring above the streets of New York City for the landmark cultural holiday event. Portal Masters can check out behind-the-scenes footage of Eruptor prepping for the parade on the Skylanders YouTube channel, SkylandersGame.

Lastly, Skylanders merchandise from Activision's network of licensing partners offers something for everyone this holiday season, including:

FunPlay HideAway Play Sets - This holiday, the popular FunPlay HideAway play sets from PowerA, which enable fans to store and play with their favorite toys, now includes Dr. Krankcase's Lair. A range of FunPlay HideAway sets are available at retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $9.99-$99.99.

Construction Sets - Fans can look forward to Skylanders-themed construction sets from MEGA Brands, which let players build and battle in their favorite levels from the Skylanders franchise. The all-new Cut Throat Carnival construction set will be available for a suggested retail price of $19.99 at Toys"R"Us, WalMart and Amazon.

Micro Comic Fun Packs - Skylanders Micro Comic Fun Packs from IDW Publishing feature three distinctive Legendary storylines and three exclusively-designed Legendary Traps that can be used to capture the most notorious villains in Skylanders Trap Team. The Legendary Skylanders Micro Comic Fun Packs and Trap are available exclusively at Toys"R"Us for a suggested retail price of $9.99. Additional Micro Comic Fun Packs are available at Gamestop and Amazon for a suggested retail price of $4.99.

A-Z Box Set - The Skylanders A-Z box set from Penguin includes two never-before-published books: the full-color, 192-page A to Z of Skylands, and Pick Your Portal: The Trouble with Doubles. A sheet of stickers and a build-your-own Skylander paper model are also included. The Skylanders
A-Z box set is available at retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $16.99.

1ofWiisdom's Cliff Notes:

-Eruptor in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
-Elite Trigger Happy 11/28/2014 (why does everyone forget him?)
-Winterfest Lob-Star 12/7/2014
-Elite Whirlwind (Likely around 12/7/2014)
-Wave 3 likely coincides with the 12/7 date, although I expected it this week at the latest.
-Cool new box set of books, including 2 never before released!
-Micro Comic Fun Packs: Legendary w/ Traps at TRU, Standard at other retailers like GameStop
-PowerA FunPlay HideAway Playsets...Dr. Krankcase's Liar is pretty sweet!
-New Mega Blocks, including Cutthroat Carnival
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Trap Team Holiday Press Release: Thanksgiving & Christma

Postby Omenix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:59 am

Thanks for posting this, but unfortunately it all affects america? I feel tfb, vv and activision are extremely unfair to the rest of the world. Later release dates, america only competitions, barely a recognition of our existence except for the games initial release date. My only source is the EB Games website which mainly leaks then takes stuff down within a few hours if its not meant to be there. Everyone not in america really gas the short end of the stick.

Im just glad the people here arent jerks about it, on datkspyro someone's always saying they cant wait for wave 3 even though we dont yet have wave 2, and then massive arguments break out which show who's a jerk and who's not. This is generally a more friendly environment for which I am greatful, and makes the game a lot more fun, compared to that news-trap full of jerks known as darkspyro.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Patrick Star » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:24 am

Patrick Star
Mabu

Postby Omenix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:14 pm

I guess thats because once you leave a place you start forgiving it. They had no reason to feel bitter about giants cos it was very similar to ssa, but sf was very different and they were scared of it, then along came trap team and they directly compared it to the last game, sf, and decided sf was better, so now sf is "the best game ever". Personally I love a little nostalgia, so if I had to pick one it would be ssa, but I prefer to look at the series as a whole rather than comparing the games, as Abe Lincoln said "a house duvided will not stand"(and I only know that because it was in night at the museum 2 :lol: )
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby mr_grizzly » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 am

Sounds great. I really want to get the holiday edition of Lob Star. He is one of my favourite Trap Masters so would love to see his steam path at work too. (As 1ofwiisdom stated he thought his steam path was more fitting with a red suited character.)

Money has been so tight lately, so I am missing several characters that are out here so far. Tomorrow I should be able to get Deja Vu (yeah!!) and her adventure pack, and maybe get one of Eon's Elite (maybe Chop Chop - don't have any Elite yet). I am also missing the new Jet Vac, so hopefully I can get him in two weeks. Walmart here has the double pack with the new Fryno and the mini version of him - hopefully it won't be long until they come out with the fire two pack - don't want to double up except for the four sidekicks I already have). I also haven't picked up Head Rush - forgot about that one, not really interested in her other than that I want to get at least one version of each character.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Just to update here as well...Winterfest is hitting stores already. A few have found him at TRU (won't sell) and I ordered him on Amazon yesterday. I did the free super saver shipping, so I likely won't get him anytime soon, but I'm not paying freight, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to News