[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders 5 reveal date

Skylanders 5 reveal date

Post the latest Skylanders News

Re: Skylanders 5 reveal date

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon May 25, 2015 12:28 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Mon May 25, 2015 2:09 am

I hadn't thought of boom jet, but that does work. The little "horns" on top along with the box on the base and the shape of the wings looked a bit like a fusion of magna charge and a car. Magna charge is a racer based on swap zones, and Vicarious Visions are producing this game just like swap force.

I also think that if there is some firm of racing, we should consider other vehicles than just cars. For example a low flying plane could avoid friction and be smoother, but harder to control. Or a tank could be slower but can go off road and can just destroy obstacles.

In addition, for story, i can see boss battles working similar to mario kart balloon battles with an arena similar to in glumshanks boss battle in swap force. The racing could be a sort of skystones/rail riding/elemental zone replacement rather than being incorporated into the main game. When in the main game, the figures could be more powerful than regular ones, think like when a giant steps on an enemy.

I think that online would be similar to how swap force built on the franchise with jumps. Ive noticed that VV expands on the game play and franchise itself, while TFB focuses on interesting characters and stories, which allows for alternations between the two so that players arent suddenly barraged with new features every year, but also dont get bored after 2 years. Its for this reason i think online is possible.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon May 25, 2015 3:07 am

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Mon May 25, 2015 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Mon May 25, 2015 3:20 am

The other option is being a bit like LoZ Wind Waker crossed with Flynns Ship. The hub could be a magical moving island and when you near the destination you engage your vehicle and ride out there. It will be interesting to see how its integrated.

Another interesting possibility is that the vehicles are bought separately, for example, when i first saw the pirate seas AP, i thought Terrafin could stand in the pirate ship so maybe the vehicles could have holes that can have the Skylander placed inside so they're piloting it. There could be packs that have a figure and a vehicle, there could be vehicles that can hold more than one character. Or maybe the vehicles will just be integrated into the Skylander itself. Im certain an official announcement will be soon, and i think it would be better if they just have a press release, but no images or video until E3, like you were saying, which allows for anticipation. It could say the new location, the story of SuperChargers and maybe prices and release dates, but no images or videos.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat May 30, 2015 1:49 am

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... erchargers

Someone sent that link on Darkspyro. I think it's preorders, it can tell us which consoles are getting the game, and confirms the name.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat May 30, 2015 2:12 am

Further delving has revealed this:

"Gameplay content, features, and functionality will differ for Wii and 3DS platforms. Details to be announced."

and this:

"Skylands is in peril! Kaos has unleashed his most evil weapon yet - the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction. With all of Skylands on the verge of collapse, a special team called the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an unstoppable fleet of incredible vehicles. Now you and the SuperChargers must embark on epic adventures over land, under sea, and through the sky to stop Kaos and save Skylands!"

note "on land, under sea, and through the sky"

an finally contents (Aha!):

"Starter Pack Includes: Video Game, New Portal of Power, 2 Skylanders SuperChargers - Spitfire and Super Shot Stealth Elf, 1 Skylanders Vehicle - Hot Steak, and Collection Poster featuring the complete set of Skylanders Superchargers and their vehicles."

there's either 4 characters included, and a vehicle, or Stealth Elf is now a SuperCharger. also,can't wait to get me "1 Skylanders Vehicle - Hot Steak" for dinner! Yum yum!

i think the fact they can go under sea means we may see something similar to SSA where certain characters can walk on/under water. am i the only one who thinks of the Deathstar when I hear Doomstation of ultimate Doomstruction. "It's not a moon it's a (doom) Space Station!"

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat May 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Nice Star Wars reference... :lol:

Well! I guess all that remains is the official word....About The New Skylanders Mutants!!!!
Lol...!

Anyway...! Wiisdom has been fairly silent here...I'm guessing he is either very busy (not surprising)...OR ..... :lol:
We will see... :D
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat May 30, 2015 11:23 pm

He's been in other chats, so i think he might know something. Hmmm...

Also of note, it was taken down, which means it shouldn't have been up, which means it's true.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 am

Ok something I've been thinking about is the absence of a Portal Owner's Pack. The last one was handled terribly, but i think it's possible to do it well. You can reduce the price by changing the format of the packaging, more similar to the Mario amiibo and Mario Party 10 bundle as opposed to regular Skylanders starter packs. Next, addressing the absence of the cores in the portal owners pack, they could include a coupon where you can order them from the website, in order to allow the inclusion but also allow the packaging to be cheap, and also shipping if it's necessary. Or they could just release the characters to be available in wave 1, if it occurs you can probably reduce the price by 30 or 40 dollars, or 20 in the first proposal. I do think it's possible, it's just about the way Activision handles it. It has to be done so that purchasers save money.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:15 am

Very few companies will reduce the cost of an item that the public expects to pay a certain price for. In my experience, that is.
Charge what the market will bear. Never beat your competition on price, beat them with quality service after the sale.
These are a few of the concepts I've run across over the years.
The only company I've seen in recent memory do anything significant like this was Apple. They reduced cost of one of their big new Operating Systems. I think people were willing to pay $129 and they reduced it to $29 (Or some such figures). That really surprised me!
I am hoping for no increase to be honest. As a matter of fact, I would also be very happy if they eliminated $14.99 gimick-lander pricing altogether. I understood paying more for the Giants.(lightcore tech) I also understand the Swappers.(Magnets, chip cost)
The Trap Masters had no added hardware cost. They were a bit bigger than standard, which I think was a mistake by the way. In short, they were not worth more than the core Skylanders.
If the vehicle(s) are substantially larger or have more hardware/components, I could see increased price. If they are roughly standard Skylander-sized vehicles, I will be annoyed at a cost more than the core Skylanders.
The Light/Dark Expansion packs have me a little worried as they were $5 more than the standard Adventure pack...As a precedence, I mean.
As long as they keep it reasonable, I'll work with them. (I wonder if they are going to try for some secondary market again...like the Traps? That got a bit thin for me too! :roll: )
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to News