[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Superchargers Nintendo Wii Dark Edition-TRU Exclusive

Superchargers Nintendo Wii Dark Edition-TRU Exclusive

Post the latest Skylanders News

Superchargers Nintendo Wii Dark Edition-TRU Exclusive

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:45 pm

As of now, you can pre-order the Nintendo Wii Dark Edition Starter Pack at Toys'R'Us...It is their exclusive. This is the ONLY way to get Dark Hammer Slam Bowser, who is again, only playable on Nintendo installments.

My biggest issue with pre-ordering is we have NO INFO on the actual game! It is Skylanders SuperChargers Racing:

Is anyone going to jump in now? I'd like to at least know what the actual game is and how/if online will work.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Superchargers Nintendo Wii Dark Edition-TRU Exclusive

Postby Omenix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:29 am

Well i never wanted wii version or dark Bowser, and all versions are exclusive to EB Games here, so this doesnt affect me personally, however to those in America, I see the only advantage to pre ordering being certifying that you WILL get it. being that there are 6 different types of starter packs, and 2 games, preordering 1 copy for the wii cant hurt, also, being TRU exclusive there aren't a variety of preorder bonuses or deals available, just 1 if that. either you get a bonus/deal or it doesn't exist. my advise, if you want Dark Bowser would be to preorder. if its not about the figure, don't preorder you can easily get regular edition or have 3ds as an option
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:47 pm

I gotta admit..my head is a'swirl on this outing..!
The spread on these Dark Editions is...a challenge to the collector...to be polite. Its downright cost prohibitive...also crosses my mind. So if its a wide spread of options and cost prohibitive: The simple answer is choices must be made. Leading to.....

I simply cannot make a decision between 3DS and Wii versions until I know more. Not knowing between those two, my choice of the WiiU version is affected.
I think of my release day buys as a set, one purchase. So..to answer your question...with a link missing from the chain, I cant pull the trigger for the pre-order.

I want to discuss overall buying strategy further here, and I will, in subsequent posts.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 am

I'm going to ramble thru a buying scenario here:

OK...so for starters...I will Not buy a second Dark Edition (also known as "repeat buy half the items"). I just can't justify that for, in essence, art-deco variants.

Next...Assuming that the 3DS and Wii games are exactly the same and involve racing...I think playing on the bigger screen trumps the 3DS..so...again, assuming the 3DS and Wii are the same game...We will SKIP the 3DS this time.

So that means we will purchase starter packs for the WiiU and the Wii. And Skip the 3DS.
My son likes the colorful Donkey Kong so the standard WiiU Starter Pack looks to be the choice. That 'de facto' makes the Dark Edition choice the Wii Dark Edition.

Now...TRU ran a Buy 1 starter pack get the second Half price from midnight to 2 am on release day last time.
Does anyone know if they did this for any of the other releases?
And does anyone remember when they announced this deal?
(I'm getting a sinking feeling that Im gonna have to wait until the last week to finalize our choices :shock: !!)

If TRU is the only choice for the Dark Wii Starter pack, I may have to pick up our standard WiiU Starter Pack there as well to capture the discount.

So this means we SKIP 3DS standard and Dark Packs all together, the Dark Edition WiiU, the Standard Wii Starter and All of the other platform standard and Dark Edition Starter Packs. It really is too bad...I like Dark Sea Shadow but ohh well...!
This release almost seems to be deliberately designed to break their 'completionist' fans! Who can afford to go all in this time?
We have a WiiU, a 3DS and a Wii. The people who own all three systems are getting no benefit from being the most dedicated to Nintendo.

I'm also thinking about the merits of avoiding single pack purchases and restricting purchases to the 2 Pack and racing pack combo's.
Any comments or observations on the above is welcome!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:06 am

for me I prefer to have a 1 stop shop type thing, so I prefer to pre order, with that option only being at EB Games, as well as having the dark edition available exclusively. In regards to which starter packs, weeeeell... definitely PS4 (DESP) and 3DS but I may have to skip out on or wait for the Wii U purchase, unfortunately. for figures, at least for wave 1, I'll just get the 2 packs and racing packs, purely for value to cost ratio.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:55 am

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1