[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders Trap Team: Fact Sheet

Skylanders Trap Team: Fact Sheet

Post the latest Skylanders News

Skylanders Trap Team: Fact Sheet

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:40 am

*This is Official Release Material*

Skylanders® is redefining the Toys-to-LifeTM phenomenon with yet another ground-breaking innovation, Skylanders Trap TeamTM. In previous Skylanders games, we brought physical toys to life inside the game. With Skylanders Trap Team, we are reversing the magic by bringing characters out of the game, into physical “Traps” that kids can take with them, effectively bringing Life to Toys.
Skylanders Trap Team introduces a ground-breaking innovation that lets Portal Masters “trap” the most wanted villains in Skylands and then play as them in the game in the battle for good. The game offers an unprecedented new addition to the game’s play pattern in the form of Traptanium Traps. When this new type of toy is placed directly into the Traptanium PortalTM, Portal Masters can “capture” a variety of special villains from the game and magically transport them from Skylands into the real world.
In Skylanders Trap Team, Kaos continues his ongoing quest to rule over Skylands. He has discovered the location of the legendary Cloudcracker Prison -- a fortress built entirely out of the magical substance TraptaniumTM and home to Skylands’ most nefarious villains. In an attempt to build his own army of foes, Kaos blows up the prison, releasing the most wanted villains and blasting shards of Traptanium to Earth in the form of Traps. Now it’s up to Portal Masters to recapture all of the escaped villains using powerful Traptanium Traps and defeat Kaos before it’s too late!
Each Skylanders Trap Team character and villain has a unique personality and power that kids will want to play with again and again in both the real and game worlds. The Skylanders franchise continues to bring imaginative characters to fans, such as Lob-Star, who uses his powerful Traptanium Throwing Stars to serve up defeat to anyone who threatens Skylands; and Pain-Yatta, a giant piñata who can barf an endless supply of candy that sweetens any battle!
KEY FEATURES:
• Toys to Life™, Life to Toys – Players will experience an exciting new level of Skylanders innovation through the Traptanium Portal, a new ring of magical energy which reverses the magic of the toys to life category by letting players bring digital characters into the physical world. A built-in audio speaker allows players to magically hear the unique voices of the villains travel from the game into the real world Trap, and vice versa. The Trap also lights up in sync with the villain speaking, adding even more magic to the experience.
• Two Ways to Play – In Skylanders Trap Team, you can play as a Skylander or capture Skylands’ most wanted foes and unleash them for good. It’s up to Portal Masters to find these villains and capture them inside the new Traps that transport the villains into the real world via the Traptanium Portal. Once trapped, players can return the villain to Skylands as a playable character. This exciting new play pattern gives fans the option to switch between playing as a Skylander hero or a villain at any time, creating fun and unique “tag team” gameplay for both the single player and co-op experience.
• Elementally Designed Traps – Themed Trap designs add variety to the collectible Skylanders Trap Team experience. Each Trap is elementally aligned, letting players capture villains who fall under that element. For instance, when Portal Masters explore the world of Skylands and encounter a water villain, they can insert a water Trap into the Traptanium Portal to capture that villain, as well as bring that villain back into Skylands as a playable character who helps in the fight for good. If players don’t have the correct Trap for a villain they encounter, the defeated villain will be held in a Villain Vault at the Skylanders Academy, where Portal Masters can keep track of the foes they have captured. When the player buys the correct Trap, they can transfer the villain from the Vault into the Trap in order to play as that character. With each new Trap added to their collection, Portal Masters unlock an exciting world of possibilities!
• New Cast of Characters –A brand new group of Skylanders, known as Trap Masters, lead the charge armed with their oversized crystal weapons in the fight against more than 40 most wanted villains and returning nemesis Kaos. The game introduces more than 50 new playable Skylanders heroes, including:
• New Trap Master Skylanders
• New Core Skylanders
• Reposed, fan-favorite Skylanders
• New fully playable Skylanders Minis
• New Playable In-Game Villains
• Exciting New Adventure – Skylanders Trap Team features an all-new adventure-filled story with fun and interesting new characters as well as returning franchise favorites. The game delivers a diverse and dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with adventure, combat, puzzles, mini games such as the new Kaos Challenge Mode, activities, platforming, and drop-in/drop-out co-op play -- all set within a variety of lush, compelling environments. Seasoned fans can also play Skylanders Trap Team with their entire collection of 175 forward compatible characters from Skylanders SWAP ForceTM, Skylanders GiantsTM and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure®.

Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developers: Toys for Bob (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii)
Beenox (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U, 3DS)
Vicarious Visions (Tablet)

Launch Platforms: Nintendo Wii™, Wii U™, 3DS™
Xbox 360™ and Xbox One™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft
PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system
Apple iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini Retina, iPad Air
Kindle Fire HDX (7” & 8.9”)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4”, 10.1”, 12.2”)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4”, 10.5”)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Release Date: October 5, 2014 (North America), October 10, 2014 (EU)
October 2, 2014 (APAC)

MSRP: $74.99 – Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack
$99.99 – Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack
$14.99 – Individual Trap Master toy
$9.99 – Individual Core Skylanders toy
$13.99 – Skylanders Minis Two-Pack
$5.99 - Individual Trap toy

ESRB Rating: E10+
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Skylanders Trap Team: Fact Sheet

Postby PortalMasterTim » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Good stuff
BOOM!
PortalMasterTim
Chompy

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:35 pm

I need to get all the Trap Team HDD and updates (memory sizes and what the updates will be, heard some were already getting like a 1.1 update just with starting the game.) I have them for Swap Force.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby mr_grizzly » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:07 pm

For the Tablet edition: Both the Itunes description and my device settings say 1.3 GBs. Not sure if the app gets larger if you unlock the rest of the levels or use the starter pack though. Don't know if it is due to not being the official release date yet, but on my device the app won't connect with the app store when I click on the link to purchase the level packs.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:57 pm

The reason I didn't stream Thursday night is because of the update size...

I want to say it was 1.9 GB or 2.3 GB...All I know is I got home from work, unboxed the XB1 SP, and put it in to update/install. It was ready to play some time after midnight...wasn't too thrilled with that. I much prefer the Nintendo interface in regards to updates and especially the "installation." I'm still new to Xbox, but I can't quite grasp why I game on disc needs to be installed to play when you then can't play the game without the disc?! Never had it on my PS2 back in the day and I've never dealt with it on Nintendo products.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to News