March 5th will be Skylander Day! at Gamestop/Power Blues Up

Post the latest Skylanders News

March 5th will be Skylander Day! at Gamestop/Power Blues Up

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Short version of the story: While inquiring about the Power Blue variants, my local Gamestop rep. looked up and confirmed that Saturday, March 5th will be the next Skylander Day.
He also confirmed that the Power Blue variants will be available for purchase on March 1st. He broke out and showed me three of them, PB Splat, Trigger Happy and the Splatter Splasher.
I think Splat looks pretty cool (very Smurfy!).
Just to add, Birthday Bash Pop Fizz was also there today along with the Easter Variants. All Superchargers AND vehicles were selling at sale price of $9.99. So we picked up Easter Thrillipede for $10.

So...the takeaway here is: In classic Gamestop style, the Powder Blues will be available 4 days prior to their Skylander Day sale. (FYI: In the past new skylanders advertised in their Skylander Day adverts had allready sold out and were unavailable on the actual sale day)
So if you want them, you may want to get them early.
Now I have to say, I know they will be available at other retailers. Also mentionable is the fact that stock seems to be fairly plentiful for Superchargers. Translation: This may be much ado about nothing but the Powder Blues are a first time, unknown quantity. If any are going to be on and off the shelves fast and forever, the Power Blues fit the bill as possible candidates.
(Hey! What do I know?...They could be shelf fodder!!! :lol: )
But...You Have Been Warned!!!!! (que up spooky music, googled eyes and the shaky, pointing finger.)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: March 5th will be Skylander Day! at Gamestop/Power Blues

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:46 am

The Power Blue's are at select Best Buy stores and Gamestops as of today, March 1st.
We picked up Power Blue Splat and Power Blue Trigger Happy at Gamestop. Sadly the $9.99 sale was over but the upcoming Skylander Day offers some sizable deals. I even saw that the Land Racing Pack will be offered at a discount (@$18, I believe). As they released the Power Blue's today, I wonder how many will be around by the Saturday deal day!?!...not to mention any Racing Packs they might get!?! :roll:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to News