[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders Imaginators on Nintendo Switch + Tiki Temple

Skylanders Imaginators on Nintendo Switch + Tiki Temple

Post the latest Skylanders News

Skylanders Imaginators on Nintendo Switch + Tiki Temple

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Blogged:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AWARD-WINNING SKYLANDERS IMAGINATORS LANDS ON HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED NINTENDO SWITCH

Skylanders Brings New Characters and Adventure Pack to Excite Players

Fans Playing Skylanders Imaginators Game and Skylanders Creator App Have Created More Than 25 Million Characters¹

SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Jan. 12, 2017 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is delivering the innovation of Skylanders® Imaginators to the next wave of gamers when the highly-anticipated Nintendo Switch™ launches March 2017. This March also marks the debut of some of Skylanders Imaginators’ most anticipated characters, as well as a brand-new expansion pack. Now Portal Masters all over the world can engage in new content, toys and experiences with the award-winning Skylanders Imaginators this spring!

No Portal of Power®? No problem with Nintendo Switch. Skylanders Imaginators for Nintendo Switch provides gamers unique ways to play, including the introduction of a vast digital library that allows players to easily load and store 300+ toys from the Skylanders® franchise* directly to the new home gaming system. The arrival of the digital library empowers players to take their Skylanders Imaginators adventure on-the-go whenever and however they want.

“Since Skylanders Imaginators and Skylanders Creator launched, fans have made more than 25 million Imaginators using the expansive creation tools in the game and app. We couldn’t be more excited to extend that experience to Nintendo Switch players,” said Paul Reiche, co-founder and studio head, Toys for Bob. “We’ve seen some amazing Skylanders created, and as kids’ collections continue to grow, we’re proud to offer more depth and variety to fans in ways never before possible with this new system.”

“Skylanders Imaginators has ignited the imaginations of fans everywhere, and we’re looking forward to continuing to support their gameplay experiences with Nintendo Switch, along with new toys and content coming this year,” said Josh Taub, senior vice president of Skylanders Product Management, Activision. “There are now more than 300 million Skylanders toys in the hands of fans², which equates to nearly two toys sold every second since Skylanders® Spyro’s Adventure launched. And with the new season of the animated series SkylandersTM Academy slated for Netflix this fall, we are thrilled that fans can enjoy playing, watching and creating Skylanders no matter where they are.”

Building on the franchise’s signature gameplay and collectible toy experience, Skylanders Imaginators pushes the boundaries of innovation and imagination with the upcoming release of the Cursed Tiki Temple level pack. The Cursed Tiki Temple level pack takes kids on an all-new adventure as they unlock more than 100 new offerings for their Skylanders Imaginators – a first in franchise history! The pack comes with Sensei character Wild Storm who will unleash a new level to players; a life Creation Crystal; and an Imaginite Mystery Chest all for the suggested retail price of $29.99 on March 12 at participating retailers nationwide.

Skylanders Imaginators gives kids an unprecedented level of choice -- including appearance, powers, abilities, names, catchphrases, musical themes and much more -- to create the most unique Skylanders characters they can imagine. This spring, fans can also be on the lookout for the arrival of new heroes in the world of Skylanders Imaginators, including Skylanders Sensei Grave Clobber. Once a great pharaoh who ruled the Golden Desert long ago, Grave Clobber was buried by his seven jealous brothers in an underwater tomb while he was sleeping. He eventually rose from his watery grave, clobbered each of his brothers and became the perfect choice to be a Sensei trainer for the Brawler Class. This mummy may surprise you with his range of powers, packing a serious punch as well as telekinetic powers!

Skylanders Imaginators for Nintendo Switch will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB. The Cursed Tiki Temple level pack and new Skylanders Senseis will support all major gaming platforms including Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Wii U™ system; Xbox 360™ and Xbox One™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft; and PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment systems. Skylanders Creator is a free app that players can download from iOS and Android app stores for select mobile devices. For more Skylanders information, visit: http://www.skylanders.com.

Skylanders™ Academy, the new animated comedy-adventure show inspired by the Skylanders franchise, debuted on Netflix on October 28, 2016. Jam-packed with humor and heart, Skylanders Academy offers epic action for kids of all ages. The Netflix original series season one debuted in 190 countries, with a second season planned for late 2017.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Skylanders Imaginators on Nintendo Switch + Tiki Temple

Postby Omenix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:02 pm

That Tiki Temple would be great, but I still havent found the Boom Bloom one (or is it Bloom Boom?)
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Its the Enchanted Elven Forest expansion pack and Boom Bloom. I really like Boom Bloom by the way...really fun! I haven't played the level yet though.
The new Tiki expansion pack, released soo late, is a good idea to me. More content released later combined with the replayability of the Imaginator crystals...win. As I have posted up, I haven't touched any imaginators yet. i'm just having fun with the game itself and the new Masters. After I have ammased the full sets of the imaginator parts, we can have alot of fun replaying with our own Skylanders. I also forsee playing a third time with older non-imaginator Skylanders. Knowing how nerfed they are...it would be a significant challenge!! Lol.
That's not even considering Kaos' Nightmare mode.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Also the digital library for the Nintendo SWITCH is intriguing. Its strangely full circle...i mean...the whole point was physical to life, a step away from the purely digital gaming world. I cant say Im threatened by this though...the franchise is maturing. I hope the physucal toy aspect continues but adding in the digital may keep things lively. And if it helps keep the franchise up and running (rumors abound about "This Is The End!!!) than I am all for it.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:42 am

Ah yes! I completely overlooked the Switch aspect of that report. I gather it will function similarly to the tablet version of Trap Team? That game had the digital saving feature as well, if I recall correctly, though I never actually played it so I cant confirm that was how it worked. The idea is fascinating, though I won't personally invest in a Switch until further down the line, I would consider it as a good option for future installments. As a launch title, I think this was a superb decision, because it allows for people getting the Switch at launch to see it as another option for a game to play until , say Mario Oddysey releases (though if I'm being honest people would probably be getting Zelda, though this would be nice for kids). I appreciate it as a strong step forward for Skylanders, and I think this, combined with the new level releasinh, would suggest "the end" isn't coming at all. If the franchise were to be ending soon, they wouldn't bother with the Switch, so I think it is a sign of continual support for the console.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to News