[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Imaginators Update/Patch available (1.01 or 1.02)

Imaginators Update/Patch available (1.01 or 1.02)

Post the latest Skylanders News

Imaginators Update/Patch available (1.01 or 1.02)

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Apparently there is an update downloading now for Imaginators. (02-14-17)
I guess it would be 1.02 for Playstation or Xbox users and 1.01 for WiiU users.
It seems to contain:

Patch Notes:
Expansion Pack Content Added
New Location added to the Hub.
- Contains space for the Cursed Tiki Temple & Lost Imaginite Mines Adventure Packs.
- Free Imaginite Chest located here. Contains full Shield Maiden set.
Total Imaginite Collection Sets increased from 63 to 96. [33 New]
Bug Fixes:
- Fixed Heroic Challenges resetting when an older character brought into Imaginators returned to Giants or Spyro's Adventure.
- Fixed issue in Toy Collection where a Light Crystal was displaying incorrectly.

Good to see. I hope this paves the way for content upgrades throughout the year and not just this once.

I have seen banter about the upgrades and I wonder:
I have the disk for the game so that info is a hardcopy I have for the future no matter what. Is there anything special I should do/anywhere special i should save game updates like this to to save them for a future day?
Example: Three years from now, when my WiiU dies and I get another one...I know I can play Imaginators but how would I make sure I have the digital upgrades?

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Imaginators Update/Patch available (1.01 or 1.02)

Postby Omenix » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:24 am

More parts is what eveyone was wanting. It provides replayability and allows the game to stay fresh. This is very promising for the future of the series, and I think they'll blow us out of the water in 2018.

On the saving location thing, im sorry I have no idea.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 am

Ok...I downloaded the new uodate/patch to our WiiU. It was a rather big file, just over 1 Gb in size. I think it was 1.02GB.

I screen captured the changes that I found in the Imaginator game hub (M.A.P.) so look no further If you want to be surprised.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:52 am

So...
The physical addition that I see is a small island added to the AP area of the MAP. If you go past Pandergast and the Raceway, up the hill to the Griffon Observatory, there is a path to the left. It HAS been a simple bluff with a pile of gold, overlooking the Water Sensei Realm below. Now...we find that same bluff but a new rope bridge has been added.

The new home of the future Adventure Packs (AP's).

On a side note, this was a surprise to me. While in retrospect it makes total sense that AP's would all be grouped together, I thought the additions would be in a different location. Any guesses as to where I thought at least one would go??

Here is where I thought they might have expanded...

This is the platform down paat the Sensei Tech Realm on the left. It did hold a Library Book. I also have not finished the game so I can't say it has no further use either. But here is where I thought they would add something...lol. Well, just one more guess that was flat out wrong!!!
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:06 am

The new bridge to the left takes you to the Lost Imaginite Mines and the Cursed Tiki Temple level entrances.
In addition, you will find an Imaginite Chest waiting for you in between the two.
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:13 am

The Cursed Tiki Temple is to the left.

And it can be opened in the future by....

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:19 am

To the right is the Lost Imaginite Mines...
(I am excited for this one.)

And it can be opened in the future by...

(I am also really looking forward to him!)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 am

Now the Imaginite chest....

This contains a new set....The Shield Maiden.

It is also the herald of the new Imaginator parts that are coming.
A quick check of the Imaginite Set roster shows an increase to 96 Part Sets...Yaay!

Apparently, these new sets will be spread out between the two new AP's and standard gameplay. (I have no confirmation of this.)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 am

I am very interested in this update/expansion. At the very least, it is the mechanism that will make the game a bit more fun for me and mine right now.
In the long game, this will likely be the way future expansions run. I hope they learn from it, improve the process and are encouraged to add more over the next year!!
Hey! I want more Skylanders and if they can make it good...I'll pay for it!!

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to News