[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Halloween Deadline for the Undead

Halloween Deadline for the Undead

Create, Vote, and Debate Skylanders Polls

Do You Think We Will Have Short Cut and Bat Spin before Halloween?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:26 am

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 5

Halloween Deadline for the Undead

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:26 am

Simple enough...Do you think we will have Bat Spin and Short Cut BEFORE Halloween 2014?

Additionally, are you more inclined to buy said characters at launch and around Halloween due to the tie in?

Will it lessen your excitement if they were to be release around Christmas, or in March of next year?
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Halloween Deadline for the Undead

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:30 am

I am not thinking we will get them both before Halloween, but I would love to be wrong.

If ever there was a a character geared for Halloween, or simply being available before Halloween it is Bat Spin. Krypt King, Short Cut, Funny Bone, they could all wait...But not having Bat Spin out at launch, or there after is a bad call imo.

I do tend to play seasonally...What I mean by that is that this time of year I would rather use Chop Chop, Hex, and Bat Spin over characters like Shroomboom and Torch etc. I don't think I am the only one and I think sales would reflect that.

I also didn't know if it was worth a poll, but do you think we will see a last minute addition like "Pumpkin Eye Brawl?" I think Bat Spin would lend herself well to said alternate.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:34 am

I put no because. Every year we don't............ don't even get me started on how long it took to get Lightcore Hex.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 am

I think it would be fun if they have a undead week around halloween where all the undead figures are available in a treat bag like package, like ssf had easter packaging, it would be limited edition early access for characters not yet fully released eg bat spin and short cut
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:45 am

That reminds me that something I really enjoyed with Skylanders Universe (I still miss that) was how they'd do the updates for seasons and holidays.

I would be thrilled to see that tie in with the console game at some point, even if it was built in on a calendar system.

Ie 2 weeks before Halloween the Skylander Academy is decked out with Halloween decor. When fall rolls around the leaves change and grass looses its' color. There is snow in the winter etc. It is a very minor thing to most, but it would be a very welcome feature imo. It also ties in with the "special" characters like Winterfest Lob-Star etc.

Just imagine throwing Spring Time Trigger Happy or Eggscelent Weeruptor onto the Portal and finding literal Easter eggs at the hub that would pay out cash, or a special trinket etc.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:31 am

Love the idea of seasonal changes to the Hub/Academy.
They certainly demonstrated the capability with the Swap Force Rainbow Bridge, the character specific daily bonus'.
Sidenote...Played...i believe... Chapter 7: Monster Marsh in Story Mode...WOW!! I REALLY enjoyed it!!! Very appropriate for October/Halloween...Seriously, it ranks up there as one of my most favorite Skylander levels!!!
As for BatSpin etc. by Halloween, I wouldn't count on it. My example would be Eon's Elite Chop Chop, the Poster Child for the Undead Element...coming out.....Nov. 1st...Just in time to MISS...lol. Just gonna have to break out Pumpkin Eye Brawl, the Grim Creepers, Frito Lay Fright Rider, Hex, GhostRoaster, etc and decorate the kitchen table with 'em!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:19 am

It's one of the reasons when I found out that they were doing Holiday and Easter ones again. Was frustrated to hear they weren't doing a Halloween one.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:49 am

I really think there should be a Halloween Skylander each year...It is perfect for kids and collecors...fits into a pumpkin/basket and would be the favorite item of the night, and cost about the same as 2 bags of candy, half of which on one wants or will eat.

Orange and Black Bat Spin, a GITD Krpyt King or Funny Bone, there is some really cool stuff you could do imo.

2 Weeks now until Halloween and I'm pretty sure this won't be happening :(

I bet we see some new figs launch 1st or 2nd Week of Nov...

Once Black Friday hits everything goes downhill...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:28 am

They could mass produce special gitd eye small or hijinx and sell them in bags of 20, just like lollies only better.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:12 am

With 9 Days til the most Spooktacular Day of the year, I am pretty sure this isn't going to happen :(
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Next

Return to Polls & Discussion