[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Eon's Elite

Eon's Elite

Create, Vote, and Debate Skylanders Polls

Are You Buying Eon's Elite?

You may select 1 option

View results

Eon's Elite

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:27 am

This poll is pretty simple...Will you be buying Eon's Elite Skylanders at GameStop?

I've kept the options to Yes and No since this is a FORUM and I can easily tack on the additional questions for you to custom tailor (one of the things I always wanted to do on my blog, but couldn't solicit very well).

Based on your "Yes" or "No" what is your logic?
-Are you NOT buying them because of the price?
-Will you just get them based on your favorites (ie Spyro is your #1 of all time so his purchase is justified)?

Similarly,
-Are you buying Eon's Elite to actually play in the game, or simply to display/collect?

Lastly,
-How do you feel about the price?
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Eon's Elite

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:29 am

I am planning to pick them up, but the price is killer. I haven't seen them "in person," but $25 a pop is a big hit.

I will actually pick them up for display AND play...I fully plan to utilize that 3x more powerful bit, lol. However, it will be mostly off camera as I hope to enjoy the NEW Skylanders in Trap Team the most.
I honestly feel like $15.99 would move them with little complaint, and even $19.99 sounds better than $24.99.

I do have a certain lineup I would like to see as well, but it doesn't mesh with who I know/think it will be.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Yeah, it's Activision's way of countering scalpers. A ton of the ones that people have payed $100+ for etc. etc. I personally find it silly when someone is willing to pay $100+ for one but will go around and call this expensive.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:32 am

I agree...I hope the quantity is sufficient as I'm sure scalpers are planning to cash in on these too.

Fwiw I NEVER pay more than retail, lol. I'm too big into the "special" collectible stuff, but tie that in with the huge stat boost and it is a must have...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby PortalMasterTim » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:00 am

Price is painfully but I love the four that we know of! So I figure that I should buy all 8! The other 4 being prism break, stealth elf, gill runt, eruptor! The 3 time strength is everything! I'll buy one each then wait until the prices go down to buy more. I know they will have a lot.just a feeling!
BOOM!
PortalMasterTim
Chompy

Postby Omenix » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I honestly feel that the price is too steep, in Australia you could get 1 eons elite or a whole triple pack or adventure pack or a trap master and 2 traps. Things like eons elite are a nightmare when your on a budget, and I had to pull a few strings and got a bit lucky to get such a large amount day 1. Maybe ill get some if they ever go on sale.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Portalmastermom » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:45 am

We plan to get them. I do think the price is a bit high but if the display case is nice I think it will be worth it. I'm hoping the display case will open and close so that we can take them out to play with them. The extra power will be a plus. My daughter and I love Spyro and were disappointed they didn't have one for Trap Team so this kind of makes up for it. Looking forward to Chop Chop too.
Portalmastermom
Chompy

Postby mr_grizzly » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:23 pm

I plan on buying some or all of these - as long as they space them out (perhaps one a month). If they came out with waves of regular characters and multiple elites all at once, I simply would never be able to afford them.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 pm

I answered no on this poll because I think the price is a joke. I do not want to buy these but the kid will probably want them so there is a good chance we will pick them up at some point but these are low on my priority list. 25 bucks a pop hits the ole wallet a bit hard for a single figure, stat boosts or not. But that said if they had made a Ghost Roaster or Dino Rang I would buy them asap. Something new ya know? Although I do like some of these figures in the elite, how many eruptors chop chops stealth elfs and spyros do we have to have in our collections
Last edited by wantGhostroaster2 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby mr_grizzly » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:04 am

I like the idea of super powerful elites, even if they are characters we have too much of already.

On another note, the minis are amazing - even though these are characters that have been out before (in regular size and now perhaps in another series/pose), they are so cute, have neat attack and move animations, and are just fun to play. Also, from the strategy guide, after a certain level there is an area in the hub only the minis can access. Didn't read the sections so am not sure what it's all about yet (didn't wantany spoilers).
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Next

Return to Polls & Discussion