[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Eon's Elite

Eon's Elite

Create, Vote, and Debate Skylanders Polls

Are You Buying Eon's Elite?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Eon's Elite

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:20 am

Well...$20 and under and I was a total yes to buy the set. $25 puts it just over the reasonable edge and so its a case by case for me. I have Sypro and Chop Chop on order (Gotta love the Nov 1 date-spaces out the financial pain). I want to see and feel them in hand...Then make a judgment call on the remaining. As it stands, Stealth Elf (Wife's fav) and Terrafin are the remaining that I am interested in. Whirlwind, Eruptor Trigger Happy and Gil Grunt...That is $100 for characters that I have MULTIPLE-Multiple times.
If they had been any Skylanders other than the "faithful" 8, the yes would be far easier. Perhaps this is the First Round and next year they can put out Eon's Elite: The Abandoned. Or perhaps: Eon's Elite: THE GHOST ROASTER EIGHT- (Eight New Ghost Roaster Poses released over the course of a year)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:43 pm

I had secretly hoped for Warnado/Lightning Rod, Dino-Rang, Ignitor, Camo/Zook, Voodood, Boomer, Ghost Roaster, and Slam Bam.

I kind of figured it would line up like they made it though. I have zero complaints on Terrafin :mrgreen:
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:00 am

I seem to recall you have a slight ...fondness...for Terrafin...lol.
Also...if you see any references in the future to "the GhostRoaster Eight".....you can trace the start of the rumor to Right Here!!!!! :lol:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:16 am

I would honestly buy 8 Ghost Roaster reposes to make up for the severe underuse of the best Undead Skylander. I have had several in my mind including the Skull Master Pose...it alone could be offered in GITD and LightCore Formats, lol. There is a reason he was my first Skylander to hit "Level 10" 8-)

I truly believe his lack of a repose came from parents complaining or just not buying him...

In SSA I had so many e-mails and messages it was nuts...At the time myself and Rob were really the only 2 that were big into the series. I can't tell you how many kids wrote in to me wanting me to tell their Mom/Dad/etc that Ghost Roaster "wasn't a bad guy, or evil, but was a good guy who battled ghosts and bad guys." It was honestly pretty sad.

I have asked every chance I get if sales dictate a repose and no one ever addresses it squarely, but I am pretty inclined to believe it. Boomer, Dino-Rang, and Voodood didn't sell well. I never got why Dino-Rang wasn't just a huge "must buy" as he involved a dinosaur and boomerangs, lol. I was told that Blast Zone is like a reincarnation of Boomer though.

Sunburn, Camo, and Warnado were quite popular though, so idk. I would really like a straight answer someday...

Ie "Ghost Roaster was perceived too scary to market successfully," or "Voodood didn't sell well," or "We wanted to bring Sunburn back, but no one could think of a new pose/Wow Pow." Whatever the reasons may be, I'd like to know them.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:28 am

Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Just put an additional $30 down at Gamestop toward my pre-ordered Chop Chop and Spyro. I will owe about $12 on Nov 1 when I pick them up (assuming no hurricanes---Florida, you see). That low sticker shock may help my brain NOT melt. Just a trick Im trying out to lessen the blow. (I do realize that any money I Pre-pay is just giving them an interest free loan but…as I said….minimal brain damage)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 pm

So yeah, now I can talk more about it. They are over powered Series 1 characters. if they ever bring back something like PVP. Bringing down an Elite will be quite a task.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:51 am

Any idea if they can switch paths? Imo that should be included, even if a Wow Pow is not.

I still need to pre-order mine, lol...I just can't seem to get the time to get to GameStop. I switched grocery stores this summer when a new one opened and I don't wind up "near" the GameStop I use to hit.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:05 am

I saw video on these (skylander b&g, I dont follow them they were the only one I could find) and these characters seem really powerful, and seem to start at level 10, though im not certain about that, on the plus side, you can use them without opening them, that was my biggest concern. Im not certain though if they can path change. On the topic of path change, I noticed that you can now do a path change where you simply get all the upgrades from other path, no need to re-earn money.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to Polls & Discussion