[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack Plans

Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack Plans

Create, Vote, and Debate Skylanders Polls

SuperChargers Starter Pack Purchase Plans

You may select 1 option

View results

Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack Plans

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 pm

So, there are two big revelations here.

First off, the Wi, Wii U, and 3DS Starter Packs contain special characters.
-Wii and 3DS are called Skylanders SuperChargers Racing and contain Bowser and the Clown Cruiser.
-Wii U Starter Packs will have the same game as PS and Xbox Platforms, but with Donkey Kong and his Barrel Blaster instead of Spitfire and Hot Streak.

Thus, we have what appears to be 2 standalone games...the traditional platformer (Wii U, PS3/PS4, and XB1/360) as well as Wii and 3DS.

People on the Microsoft and Sony side miss out on being able to play as DK and Bowser, BUT Nintendo fans miss out on Spitfire and Hot Streak.

And with that, we have our issues...It is currently unknown, or unannounced, if Spitfire and Hot Streak will be available outside of the Starter Pack...my thoughts are Yes, but I don't know when.

That said, select what suits you best and feel free to add your logic down below! Also note that at this time we don't know of any specials like a Dark Edition, or Store Exclusives etc.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack Plans

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:29 pm

This poll is kind of complicated, but that is what the discussion if for...

I went with "The Trifecta" I will probably wind up with a 3DS or Wii Starter Pack (depending on what the games really are) and then take it to Wii U for DK and grab an Xbox One Starter Pack for Spitfire and Hot Streak.

I really wish that the Nintendo Starter Packs had someone other than Stealth Elf...I'm a fan, but there will be a LOT of extras of her, regardless of the route you take.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Your right in that this is likely to be the most complicated release day set of decisions!
To start....The biggest WildCard.
Will the Amiibo craze serve to deplete the DK and Bowser Starter packs??? OR will Activision keep them well in stock?

Without counting for a Dark Starter Pack (Which would trump pretty much my entire plan!), the plan is a WiiU and either the 3DS or Wii versions.
The second wildcard is the 3DS and Wii versions themselves: Are they exactly the same? Do they prominently feature an online component?? Furthermore, what is the gameplay like? I mean, if it is all racing, I think I'm going to want a bigger screen than the 3DS can provide. Is there a 2 player pvp racing? Is there one player online racing? With the lack of information, I am leaning towards bypassing the 3DS entirely this year! (First time ever by the way!)

Im not too worried about Spitfire and Hotstreak. Traditionally, the starter pack figures are available for inexpensive resale.
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:47 pm

I'll take one trifecta please! I'll have a lot of Stealth Elfs, no one ever needs more than 2... maybe ill try a custom paint.

I laughed at the last one :lol:
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:29 am

Thanks for the support! I roll the convention floor with my 3DS collecting sweet Street Pass tags, lol. So many people are still oblivious to the games being totally different too.

I'm not quite sure why you make it clear that the 3DS and Wii are totally different, publicly release the covers that say "Skylanders SuperChargers Racing" and then don't elaborate on it?! I'd totally get it if they got leaked, but they sent them out in the press material! Isn't that a selling point for the series and those platforms?

I do think that Activision will keep them well stocked, but I also think they will be quick to go (at least the Wii U)...and yes, they'll be quick to go because of scalpers pulling the individual figures and selling them for $30. Hence my inclination to pre-ordering to lock them down, BUT...

A Dark Starter Pack would honestly be an overload, although I have been one of the biggest proponents for it...The horrible thing there is that if you go Wii U, Wii/3DS, and then XB1 or PS4, you'd have the ADDITIONAL option of going with the regular, or dark editions.

And just imagine...brace yourself for the horror...what if the Dark Edition is limited to the Nintendo side and adds in a 3rd Character, or 2nd vehicle in alt-deco fashion? We are talking about 5-6 Starter Packs being necessary to take it all in :shock: Dark Bowser? Dark Donkey Dong? Dark Stealth Elf (again), and then a Dark Hurricane Jet-Vac or Dark Shark Shooter Terrafin?! Oh the humanity!
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:39 am

I really hope there isn't a dark starter, as it is ill probably get a PS 4 one later on sale, a dark edition would be just too much. I'd get it but thats over $400. I'd need a holiday job or something.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:53 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Too much awesome stuff! It's torture!

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

I really just wish we could get word on if Spitfire and Hot Streak will be available stand alone and if there will be a Dark Edition.

Maybe they'll limit the Dark Edition to Xbox and PlayStation platforms? Who knows at this point...It is going to be a really complicated launch, lol.

And here is one more Wild Card...what if TRU had a Legendary Starter Pack and another retailer had the GITD Starter Pack, lol. For whatever reason Skylanders don't seem to do that hot at Walmarx though, so I'm thinking that one is unlikely...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 am

YouTube:
Twitch: