[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Tae Kwon Crow vs Mystical Tae Kwon Crow

Tae Kwon Crow vs Mystical Tae Kwon Crow

Create, Vote, and Debate Skylanders Polls

Which Tae Kwon Crow Do You Dare Prefer?

You may select 1 option

View results

Tae Kwon Crow vs Mystical Tae Kwon Crow

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:18 am

Who dare run this poll? We do!

Tae Kwon Crow sports one of the best personas in the game and has been aptly rewarded with a readily available alt-deco to allow collectors to have both paths active at the same time...That, of course, leads to further discussion regarding which version of Tae Kwon Crow YOU think looks better.

Cast your vote and feel free to elaborate with why you made your selection.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Tae Kwon Crow vs Mystical Tae Kwon Crow

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:48 am

I commented on the MTKC unboxing video and here i am to follow up here on the poll!.
The decision...The Choice of Champions....The Verdict of Verdad...?!??
...is...
(channel a wresting federation announcer voice)
....MYSTICAL...TAE ...KWON.....CROWWWwwwwwwwww!!!
Ok. Dramatics aside, I love TKC. He has the best lines. Cracks me up: original, nicely fleshed out character and funny!
His moves and gameplay are fun. I think Wiisdom has a point about his battleclass being misclassified: Swashbuckler with a katana sword beats ninja with shuriken. BUT...he's more about his personality then his weapon for me, so I will dare to let it slide.

As to the figures, I think Tae Kwon Crow's figures are among the weakest of the Imaginators. This is not a hater hit. I think the Imaginator figures are stellar.
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:39 am

Sorry for the broken post but my post is locking up.
Anyway...every "Best of" list still has someone who comes in last.
It comes down to the paint job. Standard TKC has a combination of colors that just freak my mental Feng Shui. I don't know why. It is perhaps the purple. I know the bright yellow beak is a strong part of my mental revulsion. The pose and the detail on the figure are fine but the colors...eghhh!
Mystical TKC beak and face stood out immediately to me. It was pretty perfect. The beak color totally works for me and the detail was crisp. I don't mind the red and black but Wiisdom was again correct. They are missing a third color which would have bumped him up a notch. White would have been the default choice.
Wither way...Mystical wins overall, more on how displeasing I find the paint combo on the standard than how great the Mystical paint job on him is.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:36 am

For me it is very close. I think regular wins for me because of the colour variety. While they may come of as a bit garish, I think his personality does too. I liked the mystical, but the beak is just too dull. From Orion's Islands ' ingame photo I like the silver, but it is an off white/ grey/brown colour which doesn't fit the rest of his colour scheme. I also think mystical would have been well serviced by a 3rd body colour, maybe even a 4th. Again, the silver would have been nice, and added that extra dimension he currently lacks, but the regular has.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:47 am

...ohh wait I'm also a variant?...that makes sense...perfectly...as you were...
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:53 pm

I love Mystical Tae Kwon Crow! I wanted this version of him ever since his trailer was leaked. Now, do you think he will get a guest appearance on Into The Badlands? I think his unique fighting style will really shine in that universe hahaha, I kid but the vibrant black and red does remind me of that awesome show!
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Return to Polls & Discussion