[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Nintendo Amiibo Showcase: Mario

Nintendo Amiibo Showcase: Mario

Archive of my Unboxing Videos

Nintendo Amiibo Showcase: Mario

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:49 am

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Nintendo Amiibo Showcase: Mario

Postby Omenix » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:12 am

Just a couple of notes, I have not finished watching yet:
Firstly people who are extreme collectors may be inclined to purchase 2, one for sealed one for play.

Amiibo is the plural for amiibo, similar to how pokemon is the plural.

I believe the naming came from Japanese little friend, as you said, but I saw in an interview they wanted it to sound like amigo. I also believe the name could have been drawn from mii which could tie in with the mario kart functionalities.

And finally thanks for the vid, by your standards it may be late but for me its I preview :lol:
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:41 am

Ive now finished the video, and I couldnt agree more about what you said about Nintendo as a company.

Unlike some other companies, Nintendo doesnt treat its fans like trash, I will reference duff bear in the Simpsons, there was an episode where they gave Barny an unlimited case of beer, which he couldn't drink because he was s designated driver. This is just treating your loyal customers like trash. But Nintendo doesnt do that. They are as loyal to their customers as their customers are to them. And as you said they get it right the first time with games and always give first rate products. They treat all parts of the globe fairly with global pokemon releases on the same day, starting last year. This is one of my gripes with skylanders, waiting over a month more for wave 2 than America, wave 2 only just released yesterday. But all in all I think Nintendo treats its valued and loyal customers fairly and with respect.

Back on topic with the video, I thought the faded overalls were light shining through the firey plastic, I didnt realise it was painted on. Is it possible this is the effect they were aiming for?

Once again thankyou for the wonderful and detailed video.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Not a problem. As we have entered "next gen" I have come to appreciate the day of quality of Nintendo even more. A lot of people have trashed the Amiibo quality, but they are basing that on characters like Kirby, who have very limited detail. Skylanders have gotten better and better in terms of detail and aesthetics imo.

Yep, that's why I ran with Amiibo, lol...I read (I think on Nintendo's website, or the Twitter Q&A) that the plural of Amiibo was Amiibo and I think they said somewhere it means close to "little friend" in the translation.

I'm not sure if the faded overalls were intended as a heat effect, poor paint, or just designed to show wear, but it doesn't bother me...his facial detail is fantastic. I can definitely see some folks buying 2x of the Amiibo.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Unboxings