[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Hello Skylander Club

Hello Skylander Club

Introduce yourself to other Portal Masters

Hello Skylander Club

Postby Demgrogen » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Hey everybody,

I've never been one for forums due to some rough experiences with news groups, but this one seems very friendly and inviting. I got into Skylanders because of my nephew (he's been playing since Skylanders Spiro's Adventure). It was his 4th birthday and I asked for suggestions. My brother and mother asked me to look for a Fire Bone Hot Dog. I had to get them to repeat it about 3 times to make sure I was hearing things right. I went to a local Game Stop with the cashier asking me to repeat it about 3 times as well. What was awesome, there was one available and it was in driving distance. I love a good hunt and it felt really good that I was able to find it. I picked up a Dark Edition starter pack of Swap Force and started my own collection the same day. I love the figures the most and I find it extremely great that you can play them in a video game. I found 1ofwiisdom through Google Images while looking at pictures of some rare figures. I thought the blog was very informative and now here I am joining the club. I look forward to trading some Skylander Stories.

- Demgrogen
Demgrogen
Mabu

Re: Hello Skylander Club

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Welcome to the forum. You will find that a lot of us here got into the game as you did through a kid either a nephew or in my case a son. Everyone here has been really great. Good info to be gained here too.
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Demgrogen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks and that sounds great. I find it great when there are new ways to connect to the next generation. I'll be setting up another play date soon with my nephew to tackle some more of Trap Team!
Demgrogen
Mabu

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 am

Welcome!
What Ghostroaster2 said..!!
Check out the Customs Section, Ghostroaster and I have some original stuff in there.
Look around a bit and enjoy! It's just getting going so you have good timing!!

PS. Ohh Yeah! Put in a date on the Variant Watch thread (a thread i started to have fun predicting when the first real variants will hit the shelves)!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Demgrogen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you so much! I'll have a look around.
Demgrogen
Mabu

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Welcome aboard and great story! I kind of view this forum as an extension of my personal site...There were a lot of things I wanted to do there that I couldn't.

That is cool your Nephew got you into the game...the hunt is definitely a big part of the fun, especially for new and/or rare characters! Dark Edition is also the way to go imo.

Hope you enjoy the site and are having fun with Trap Team!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Demgrogen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks a lot! This site is pretty awesome. I am definitely here to stay.

Funny enough, I really like the color scheme of the Dark Skylanders. My favorite color is a combo of red and black, but I have a roommate who likes the original paint jobs better. Right now he is viewing things from afar, but we may have another Skylander fan joining. He's into a lot of games, but does play more than his fair share of Pokemon (or Pokemanz as the popular kids call it). Only time will tell.

I'm having a blast with Trap Team every time my nephew comes over. I really do hope to see my first rare Skylanders "in the wild," even if it's in another customer's cart. It's different to see something in person versus seeing a picture of it.
Demgrogen
Mabu

Postby thewayofzook » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 pm

I agree Demgrogen. The first time I saw a variant in person I thought something had gone wrong in the factory and I had found something never seen before.......then I realised that there were more on the shelf. My first variant (and only) was jade fire kraken. And by the way welcome :)
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 am

Oh yeah, if your room mate is into Pokemon he will like Skylanders....just wait for it, lol. Never know what you might find! Always have to be alert and on the hunt!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Introductions