[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Greetings Portal Masters. I am....

Greetings Portal Masters. I am....

Introduce yourself to other Portal Masters

Greetings Portal Masters. I am....

Postby Portalmastermom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Hello everyone. I am Portal Master Mom. So far, my daughter and I are loving this sight. She had a similar idea last year and tried to get it off the ground but it didn't stick, so we're both really hoping this forum takes off!

So, I started playing when my son (10 at the time) got Spyro's Adventure for Christmas. At first I was wary of playing video games because I'd never played on any system but a PC. He begged and begged anyway. It wasn't until the first release of Hex that I found my way. From then on I've been addicted. We have almost every Skylander from the first three games, the only exceptions being the E3 variants and a few of the chase variants. We love to collect the figures, level them up, get all the quests. My family even has doubles of most of the characters so we can each have our own and choose different paths.

We play the heck out of all the games, even now. And we save all year in anticipation of the new releases. I love this game and the people who play. We're lucky enough to live in a place where there are a lot of locations for good Skylander hunting, so we love helping out other portal masters build their collections without having to pay an arm and a leg on eBay. We really hope this website helps the Skylander community connect. Thank you, 1ofWiisdom for setting this up.
Portalmastermom
Chompy

Re: Greetings Portal Masters. I am....

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:16 am

Cool to know your background story! I didn't know there were other boards...I was invited to a few in SSA and Giants, but they kind of died off.

I know several people who had kids get them into the game...some continue playing even tho the kids have moved on, or aren't as active, lol. It is just a great game, regardless of any perceptions from the outside. Very cool of you to sit down and give it a go...a lot of parents will just use "game time" as a chance to mellow kids out, not actively play with them.

Daphney is a big Hex fan as well, so y'all should get along quite well, lol.

Hope everyone enjoys the site! I plan to keep it family/kid friendly and hopefully maintain an emphasis on facts/details/numbers and fun. If you stay active with all the releases and news, it really is a year round lifestyle, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Yeah, hes not joking. I made sure to grab 2 Undead Mini Packs at launch just for Hijinx.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 am

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Portalmastermom » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Portalmastermom
Chompy

Postby PortalMasterTim » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:00 am

Its all about the Paths! lol
BOOM!
PortalMasterTim
Chompy

Postby Portalmastermom » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:31 am

Portalmastermom
Chompy

Postby Daphtaru » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah some of the Paths are better under certain situations. I know Hex is like that.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby PortalMasterTim » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:06 am

LOL im the gut guy too!!!!
BOOM!
PortalMasterTim
Chompy

Postby Portalmastermom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:35 am

Portalmastermom
Chompy