[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - The other toys to life games.

The other toys to life games.

The other toys to life games.

Postby Daphtaru » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:35 am

Would anyone else want to talk about the other games? I know it's something a lot of Skylander fans frown upon but I figured to bring it up at least.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Re: The other toys to life games.

Postby Omenix » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Ok sure, in my opinion Skylanders is the most enjoyable, but as I said it's just my opinion. So basically i feel that Amiibos are designed for the collector not the player as most of their functionality is limited. I have a couple, but I'm not collecting all of them.

Disney Infinity has great characters and good quality figures but absolutely horrible gameplay. DI 1.0 was enjoyable enough with a second player, but 2.0 was unbearable. I haven't plsyed 3.0 but it's probably gonna be the same. Don't get me wrong, I am tempted by Yoda and inside out, but I'm just not prepared for such an investment.

I haven't played Lego Dimensions but it's just too eapensive, I can't afford $25 each (that's the cost of them over here) i enjoy lego enough, and I love skylanders but bring them together and it's an unreachable goal. The thing has 10 pieces and is just a small mini figure so not the best value either.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:26 am

I mean in a more positive way.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 am

Lol….well the good with the bad…
We just picked up Super Smash Brothers. I have NEVER played this….I know right!?!? Well…trying something new!! I was just trying to get a feel for the moves and attacks. I seem to have a good hit or two and then, essentially, beat myself by hitting the wrong button and hurling myself off the edge to my doom!!! lol!!I was looking to pick up an amiibo or 2 on discount or used but I think my timing is off. No deals to be had around us at the moment.

We are enjoying Splatoon, as well. Sadly the Splatoon Amiibos, which are very cool looking, don't read in Smash Brothers.

My son also likes to create levels so we saw Mario Maker on a demo station recently. He played a bit and seemed to like it. He likes WipOut and American Ninja Warrior so any obstacle course he can create for characters is a blast. He sets up a physical course in the living room with figures or uses the the electronic characters in Wipeout on the Wii and records their times on index cards until he finds a winner! If his interest continues, perhaps as a Christmas present. Does anyone know much about it? My info is a bit thin.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:39 am

Ok, in the hopes of being positive, i will say this. The amiibo are good fun toys. They make fun accessories to games, and can greatly increase the experience (just look at SSC :D ) I'd say they'll last a while and can only improve, that's a positive. I will now restrain myself from talking about other franchises, I simply have nothing good I can say about them. Maybe I'm biased, but I will try out Mario Maker, DI3.0, and Lego Dimensions this October at the EB Expo, at which point may return with more positive feedback.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:32 pm

I don't care if people talk about them...that is why the forum is here, lol.

I will only deal in Amiibo though. I have ZERO interest in disney infinity and regardless of how cool some of the Lego stuff may look, I just can't fund it and I wouldn't have the time to enjoy it if I bought it anyway. If Nintendo can get decent stock, I'll pick up the Amiibo I'm interested in though...

I do try to keep a bit up on all the others as it is a sign of what else is possible and some directions Skylanders may take...although they have always been more advanced imo.

I feel for the people into all 3 games...hope you don't mind going hungry a few nights this winter, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:12 am

Well today I went to the EB Expo and I had a very enjoyable time with these 2 Toys to Life games. I even enjoyed Disney Infinity so much I went back for an extra go. Twice! There was something charming about the level design and the natural and well designed character movements. The characters are more unique than previously (although they still have the same tired upgrade trees) with varying force, melee, lightsaber and blaster abilities. I particularly enjoyed the force/lightsaber combo of Anakin which drags enemies in for quick melee attacks. The other character I had extensive time with was Darth Maul, who had an opposite deflective force ability, very useful in tight situations. I also tried out Lego Dimensions which had a very fun and engaging puzzle solving involving the movement of characters on the "Toypad". This is a very unique use of the portal technology and I consider it thoroughly innovative. It makes you think what other innovations could be used in the future of the T2L genre (isn't it interesting how it's a whole genre now? Look jow far the little SSA has brought us! ).

The other thing I checked out, at least in the T2L genre, I did try some "normal" games, was the AC Amiibo Cards, another brilliant innovation. Back in 2012, when this hobby was far cheaper, I was quite the card collector (mostly Pokémon) I even had a binder with almost the whole collection of the Dragons Exalted expansion, aside from a few ultra rare holofoil cards. Anyway, I'm diverging on a tangent. What I was saying is that these cards can make way for people to truly collect Amiibos, and make way for a new group of collectors to, well, collect.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 am

I like Lego Dimensions. It has a lot of things that tend to help it branch out as it's own thing. Animal Crossing Amiibo cards. I like the concept of it for the price.

Animal Crossing Amiibo cards as a whole.....I'm not big on them being scarce on purpose. I like what they do for the price of a pack. I prefer Amiibo over digital dlc as a whole. If I have to pay a little bit more for a specific card that's fine. I just feel like at this rate I don't think a lot understand that it's 400 cards split into 4 waves. It seems like by the time we get to the 4th wave not everyone is going to be buying them, that a lot are in it for the hype. That becomes conflicting when people have buyers remorse because of hype.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:48 pm

I have a few Amiibo I like to pick up characters from my favorite Nintendo franchises Metroid and Mario mainly I soooooo wish they would make a Hatchling Metroid Amiibo it would look amazing!
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:18 pm

So...what is the scoop on the Lightseekers?
I have had to roll my eyes at some of the 'sky is falling' banter out there with the 2017 console game pause for Skylanders. (Not worried by the way)
But I did catch some more references to the Lightseekers and i was curious about it?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Next

Return to General Discussion