[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders on PS vs XBox???

Skylanders on PS vs XBox???

Skylanders on PS vs XBox???

Postby cnoble » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 am

We want to get our boys (5-1/2 & 3-1/2) a gaming system for Christmas- the main thing they will play, for now at least, is Trap Team. Any pros and cons to each? We do not have either, and my husband hadn't had a PS in more than 10 years, so we are going to have to learn either one equally. We could care less which one... Of course the people in our life we have asked have major opinions about which is better...

*my dad claims that Skylanders going forward is only going to be offered on Xbox One... But he wants us to get an XBox so I'm not sure if that is influencing his information sourcing...is this true?
cnoble
Rookie

Re: Skylanders on PS vs XBox???

Postby Omenix » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Firstly, the chances of Skylanders being exclusive to XBox are so low your more likely to find a genie when you open the box. Well, maybe not, but you get what I mean. So onto which console. Both Xbox and PS4 Skylanders are the same game, story, graphics everything. The real decision should be based on the console itself. PS4 jasworse controller life, but more gadgets in said controller (touch pad, motion sensing for certain games etc). On the other hand Xbox includes a Kinect in box, whether that's positive or negative is up to you. Neither of these influences Skylanders.

This next part is based on how long you plan to keep the console. PS4 has more child friendly exclusive games (Tearaway, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank)as well as a couple more mature ones (Assassins creed comes to mind), whereas XBox 1 is a more adult console with draws such as Halo and I think cod is exclusive too. In your position I'd choose PS4 because its nore family friendly and you can expect it to last at least 6 years, a consoles usual shelf life befor a new one releases. I would suggest the wii u as it is considerably cheaper and has all family friendly games, but theres are rumours of a new console by Nintendo in a year or 2.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:23 pm

I can't speak to the PS vs the Xbox dilemma. We have a WiiU, which leads to the portion I can comment on with confidence.

I cannot imagine them making future Skylanders games exclusive to the Xbox platform. They have released across all the primary platforms for all versions of Skylanders. We have the nintendo platforms, Wii and WiiU. I am not the slightest bit worried about the future editions. As a matter of fact, they seem to be expanding the platforms they are releasing on: IPad being a primary example. Not to mention that they kinda went backwards to make a release on the undeniably outdated Wii system. So...I wouldn't worry about the availability no matter what system you get.

Now...other portal masters here may be able to give their opinion on the PS and Xbox systems! In general, all these systems are very good. I think it will come down to what type of games you like to play and the relative strengths and weakness' of each system along that path. Not to mention what gaming direction those systems are projected to go down in the future.
(For instance, the WiiU will be replaced by a newer nintendo system most likely in @1-2 years-the Nintendo NX. They have also announced they will support the WiiU and 3DS after the NX system is released. As to games and gaming style, we are not into first person shooter type games which is a strength of other systems. We bought the WiiU specifically to support Skylanders and similar games we liked-Mario Kart!. Soo..Nintendo and the WiiU fits us well for now and the foreseeable future.)
Best of Luck!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby cnoble » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Thank you! I really didn't think it would be exclusive... I just needed confirmation. My dad actually called a few minutes ago and said "ohhhh well I maaaaaay have been wrong about it being exclusive..." yada yada, lol. It seems like most people are super supportive of the system that they have and have a list of reasons it is superior.... like apple vs android... I got an iphone when they first came out, and even though I see so many benefits to android, I'm not willing to put the effort into switching at this point. I feel like I am making a decision that will last for years.... to much pressure! :-D
cnoble
Rookie

Postby Daphtaru » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:34 am

Xbox One requires an internet connection per game on the system.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:31 pm

If it is down to XB1 and PS4 I would look at the console exclusives for each...

Both will have the major 3rd party titles and thus your decision could come down to the exclusive games on each console (Forza, Halo, etc. on XBox; Gran Turismo etc on PS).

In all honesty though, the Wii U has a library more suited to their ages, but will likely be replaced soon by the NX. Still, Skylanders + Mario + Mario Kart 8 + Smash Bros + All other Nintendo IP is pretty enticing...you'd save a lot on the console vs PS/Xbox and could put it towards games. Just a thought...
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to General Discussion