[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Photobucket not working from my WiiU

Photobucket not working from my WiiU

Photobucket not working from my WiiU

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:47 am

Recently (@4months), I have been unable to upload screenshot pics from my WiiU to Photobucket. i have done this many times in the past but now, after it prompts me to choose the screenshot to upload, it just sits and spins at 0% Upload!
My photobucket account is fine, not full or anything and I can still upload pictures to it from a computer...just not the WiiU. And the internet interface on the wiiU is working fine: I'm entering and uploading this comment from my WiiU!

Anyone have any ideas? I'm all ears...
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Photobucket not working from my WiiU

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Hmm...I've never tried to do much from the Wii U interface...

Do you use the direct upload e-mail? Maybe you could try that, or e-mail them from the Wii U and then move it from there?!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 pm

I am not familiar with the e-mail upload option. What are the steps to do that?

I was originally advised by Daphtaru on how to upload directly from the Gamepad to a third party online picture hosting site, in this case Photobucket. It is very straightforward and has worked very smoothly: Hit the home icon which freezes the action on screen and holds it to be uploaded. You go to the internet from there and when prompted to upload your media to the site it gives you the option to choose the picture(s) being held-either the TV screenshot OR the Gamepad screenshot. You pick and it quickly uploads to the respective site, Photobucket in this case, and your done. Hit the home button and return to the game right where and when you left off...very smooth process.

You can then pull up Photobucket anywhere, anytime and use the pictures as you will. I also preset the import options on Photobucket to size any incoming pics to the specs you advised for the Forum in the Help Section. I can download the pics to any photo editing software I want to use, manipulate them and re-save to Photobucket. Hot linking or posting up pictures to any blog or forum is easy from there.
That is until now when the upload just hangs at 0%. I believe I could use Imgur or some such other photo hosting site but I have been pleased with the functionality of Photobucket. Those screen captures have been a great source for the pictures and banners I have put up.

The WiiU has introduced a function to directly load screen captures to three big social media sites, Facebook being one of them. I am not enamored of the idea (An extra, potentially resolution killing step) but I will explore the options if I can't get the WiiU-Photobucket interface functional again. I was hoping it was a new settings issue or a max capacity issue but neither of them seem to be the problem. Hence my post up to the forum collective for a solution.

If I have to switch, do you have a photo storage/precessing site/program you use or upload to?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:27 pm

That is odd it quit working...I need to set myself up on Miiverse, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 am

Odd Udate:
I CAN upload screenshots to PhotoBucket from Imaginators!!
I can only deduce that the block was coming from some change made to Superchargers....one of the Version Updates perhaps...?
Either way...Let the screenshots and selfies commence..!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to General Discussion