[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - DXRacer and Comparable Chairs

DXRacer and Comparable Chairs

DXRacer and Comparable Chairs

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:13 am

Just on a whim...does anyone have 1st hand experience with higher-end "gaming" chairs?

The DXRacer has a great reputation, but is pricey. There seem to be mixed reviews on AKRacing chairs.

There are two huge issues I have with DXRacer...
1-If I am going to shell out $200+ for a chair, I would really like to sit in it BEFORE hand
2-It seems like 95% of their chairs are chronically out of stock

To expand on those points there are VERY few dealers in the US and there is nothing brick-and-mortar on a local level to go check them out in person, let alone buy one. The AKRacing is even harder to come by in terms of US dealers, but is seemingly stocked better.

Most of the DXRacer reviews I see are people that don't own one touting the brand...The 1st hand reviews are lackluster and usually offer up the generic, "OMJamazin' chur" or "It was missing 1 screw...worst chair in the world!" which leave a lot to be desired.

While I think the price is nuts, it is one of those things that you will us ALL the time. $300 over time pays for itself in a hurry. Plus, I like the aesthetics...being into cars I feel right at home with the styling. AND, having spent my fair share of time in the office stores of the world, get past the mundane fabric "office" chair and you are in the same price range!

Granted, this is coming from a guy who has used a 1950s ice cream parlor chair to get him thru K-12, college, and the next several years.

If anyone has any first hand experience, has sat in one, or knows a friend who has one I would appreciate any insights...I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but the biggest issue now is my desired color scheme not being in stock...and of course, going in blindly.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to General Discussion