Nightmare mode

Nightmare mode

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:47 am

I just started my Nightmare mode on Superchargers the other day! So far i've just beaten Money Bones
( my god I hate that fight ). I have to say I really enjoy the challenge! It's getting even more fun as my collection grows, as it's far more challenging with under leveled and un-upgraded Skylanders ( Now I know how Wiisdom feels lmao). Any how, have any of you started a Nightmare run on any of the Skylanders games and how is it coming along? Let's all update eachother!
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Re: Nightmare mode

Postby Official-Sky » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Since Giants (the first skylanders game to include a difficulty setting) I've always played through the game on nightmare and it is always an 'experience' of sorts. The final boss battles for Trap Team and Superchargers on nightmare are painstakingly long and unforgiving. But nightmare overall on any game is great fun, including the sometimes BS bosses. I also got to say that I literally just beat Superchargers on nightmare just the other day. :lol:

Something I did in past games was this nightmare challenge where, through out the whole game on nightmare mode, I challenged myself to only use 1 skylander from each element and death (Skylander defeated) was permanent. This, of course, was after all waves were out sometime during summer. Just little something that I thought was a real 'challenge' to pull off, hence the reason I call it the Nightmare Challenge.

Good luck on your nightmare run! Hats and supercharged combos are EXTREMELY helpful. ;)
Official-Sky
Rookie

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:43 am

That challenge mode sounds soooo cool! I may have to do one after I obtain all the Superchargers ( and I plan to ).
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Official-Sky » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Right!? I might have to shift or add new rules for the vehicles. But the vehicles can't be destroyed, so does it matter if there's a 3 vehicle limitation or 18? What if the skylander dies while in the vehicle? Can I beat the game with only a land vehicle? Problematic questions that I really don't know how to correctly answer. :x
Oh well, problem for another day.
I might make it into a post a good time after all the superchargers are released. Maybe.
Official-Sky
Rookie

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:12 am

I keep forgetting about nightmare mode!
Thanks!! Now I get to go back and replay our previous Skylanders games!
(Which is a really good way to revisit some underdeveloped/played with characters-Tread head, Flip Wreck, Scratch, Rubble Rouser, Enigma, Etc)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Yeah they really have an odd way of releasing characters. This is my first time experiencing any of this but it just seems weird to me. You would think there would be a large dlc release inbetween waves or something (something like Borderlands 2 sized dlc) to help people who want some of the later character releases.
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:42 am

Wooooooohoooo! I just comleted Nightmare mode and with it scored the Platinum trophy! This was a truly fun experience that threw some frustratingly fun challenges my way. As my first Skylanders title I have to say this was worth every second and penny spent. I can't wait to finish collecting all the Superchargers and their vehicles as well as 100% the racing action packs and Buzz quests! How are your challenges coming along everyone? What are some of your most recent goals in Skylanders games atm?
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:26 pm

I just started a Nightmare Mode Save Slot primarily to race High Volt's vehicle, Shield Striker, through the first level. The shield function lets you pull in any surrounding gearbits as you drive by so it is a great way to grind for the Boost Cards required 9700 bits per boost chest.
Nightmare Mode is waiting for me.
in the meantime, I am enjoying the daily quests from Hugo and Tessa: Some are REALLY hard!!! (which is good!)

And Congratulations! on the Platinum/Nightmare Finish!!!! You have all the previous games waiting for you as well!!! Lucky you!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to General Discussion