[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Disney Infinity Cancelled----Wow.

Disney Infinity Cancelled----Wow.

Disney Infinity Cancelled----Wow.

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed May 11, 2016 2:31 am

So.....
I just caught the news that Disney Infinity is cancelled, discontinued...finite'...Kaput...over. In short, they called it quits at DI 3.0.

Wow.

I didn't see that coming.

I suppose it is good news for Skylanders in general but you hate to see any decently made product go under.
I am going to have to run out and get Sam Flynn of TRON: I want him for my bookcase.

Thoughts...?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Disney Infinity Cancelled----Wow.

Postby Omenix » Wed May 11, 2016 4:41 am

This was definitely unexpected news. I feel like with this latest game (3.0) it was really improving on the formula. I can't see why it was canceled, perhaps it wasn't making enough money. I didn't see any signs regarding stock or sales locally so I thought financially it was doing fine. I'm hoping this doesn't bode unwell for Skylanders. I think Activision needs to use this as a lesson and avoid whatever went wrong for DI.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun May 15, 2016 10:20 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed May 25, 2016 3:44 am

It is sad in the sense that people will loose jobs, but I personally had zero interest in the series...ever.

With their own IP alone they should have been fine...factor in all the top tier licensing from Marvel etc. and how it failed is pretty remarkable. The people I knew that played the game seemed to like it. I just don't have an interest in the characters to invest in the game to buy the characters, to play them in the game, lol. Actually, I bet a lot of people just bought the figures for display/collection purposes...wonder what the breakdown between toys and software was.

Lego is still interesting, but costs too much imo.

Amiibo prices have come WAY down. I got burned out on it and money is tight...half the new Animal Crossing amiibo are $5-6 NEW on Amazon and I still can't bring myself to order.

Skylanders are still king in my book, but I am out of storage, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Portalmastermom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:42 pm

I never got into this game.
Portalmastermom
Chompy