[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Replaying Giants on WiiU-Wow! Its fun!

Replaying Giants on WiiU-Wow! Its fun!

Replaying Giants on WiiU-Wow! Its fun!

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:43 am

Just a quick note....
I picked up Skylanders Giants WiiU version for $0.99 at our local Gamestop (We have it for the standard Wii). So this was a good prompt to pull out our Giant Skylander collection and play it again. I gotta say:

I forgot how fun a basic, good Skylander game could be! Straight forward but an enjoyable, quirky romp...Can anybody say: Zombie Dance party?!?!?...lol.
And it reminded me....HEROIC CHALLENGES!!! Boy, I miss those. It gave you a really concrete way to improve your own Skylander collection...make it a personal achievement with real gameplay benefit.
Don't remember...? Try walking around with EyeBrawl without the speed improvements gained by knocking out all the Speed Boost challenges. He's like molasses in a cooler...in a refrigerator...outdoors in Antartica. He's excellent but slooooooow. But as you work him thru the Challenges, he warms up fast! And its very rewarding to get YOUR EyeBrawl up to speed.
They could be a bit of a grind but overall, really fun!!! And it did represent serious replay value.
Also...Giants looks wonderfully vivid in the WiiU revamp...Strangely enough, from Swap Force on the better computing power seemed to encourage levels that are a bit too cluttered and "busy" feeling at times. Giants gives pretty landscapes and crisp graphics...its a nice touch.

Its certainly worth it if you can find it at a reasonable cost.
I recommend it!!!!

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Replaying Giants on WiiU-Wow! Its fun!

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:39 am

And this is why SSA remains my favorite. I too miss Heroics...some people just complained about them all the time. Oh and Battle Mode :cry:

But yes, Zombie Dance Party was great...the announcer's voice there was so out of place, but somehow perfect, lol.

Don't forget Drill-X, a fan favorite at the time, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Still having fun on the 2016 Skylanders: Giants playthru...
I think I'm up to Drill-X now...Bring on the Techno RAP!
On a related note, I ran thru a local mom n' pop video game trading store. They have a used Skylander section which I peruse thru every now and again. There's usually not much there we need but I did run across a Jade Flashwing this time!
She is one of my favorites..and the opportunity to have a second Jade Flashwing was too tempting...for $7.
So now she's a "brand new" skylander to be spun up thru the levels, thru her heroics and thru the Quest pursuits!!

Speaking of which: levels, heroics and the Quest pursuits...Man, that's a lot of replay-ability.
True that some are repetitive but the skylander always changes so I can deal with that.
I have isolated many Giants Level Skylanders in our collection that have yet to run these gauntlets so I am using them as the primaries as we run thru Giants again. Many of our variants, like Jade Flashwing or better yet, Halloween or Orange Fright Rider. He is really cool but we worked primarily with the standard Fright Rider so the variant didn't get run thru all the heroics or finish off those Quests. Now I'm glad to go back and fill in the blanks.

That and we get to go back and visit some old, albeit paranoid, friends:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:19 pm

I still miss Heroics and Quests :(
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:21 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:14 am

One of these days I'm going to replay all the games if I could get the time, but I definitely have fond memories of the 1st 2 games.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:58 pm

Yep...that is why I am STILL drawn to the original 32. I know them VERY WELL. Since SWAP Force there has been a far too elevated character count to really get to know them...even the cores from that game get lost with the Swappers...and who really had time to find out how much more they liked Free Jet than Night Ranger? The saddest thing, imo anyway, is that so many of the CORE Skylanders from the later games have never even had a Series 2...no repose, no Wow Pow, nothing...just relegated to one and done status like the "guest stars" (Giants, Swappers, Trap Masters etc.) And on that note, I hear more and more these days how the hardcore fans are craving Series 2s of those figures (S2 Tree Rex, S2 Thumpback, S2 Spy Rise etc.).

The Heroics were canned to the demands of the lesser fans...imo the same ones who whine about "drobot always wins" in Battle Mode. True fans knew why they were there and appreciated what they added to the game.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Portalmastermom » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:10 am

I loved the heroic challenges. I did all of them with every single character. Then I went back to SSA and did all of the ones there with all the series 2 characters. That was a blast!
Portalmastermom
Chompy

Return to General Discussion