[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - SkyCon: The Skylanders Convention

SkyCon: The Skylanders Convention

SkyCon: The Skylanders Convention

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:49 pm

So, consider this your official discussion topic. While at Minecon, I started thinking, "Hey, why isn't there a Skylanders Convention? Like a SkyCon or something?" It seems like a great idea and after tweeting about it, I had people agreeing with me...

Let's cover the rough, overarching idea here:

Would you go to a Skylanders Convention? What would you want to see? What would you most want to see?
How and where do you think it should be hosted?

Feel free to throw your thoughts out there...and please share the video and this thread with other folks you think would be interested...who knows what may happen 8-)
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: SkyCon: The Skylanders Convention

Postby Omenix » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:55 pm

I think a Skycon sounds like a great idea. I've seen some really cool setups at EB Expo which I think are similar to those at E3 and I'd love to see that on a larger set up. I can imagine a whole convention hall full of islands, with each island being something different. You could have meet and greet with developers or youtubers, shops full of yawn traps and thrillipedes, places where you could just play the games with other like minded individuals, places where you could preview the latest game. They could even start the convention by anouncing the next game and then being able to go out and test it.

In terms of location if they limit to America I could possibly go given enough notice and assuming it's in the holidays, or otherwise it would be cool if they have it in different areas throughout the year. Announcement con in America, a few months later put one on with the E3 characters in Europe, and then one on release day in Australia (trying to disperse it a bit and the 3 key dates are when the games announced, E3 when new characters are revealed, and then release date.) These are just ideas though, perhaps some other dates would work better.

I definitely think it's a good idea to have one, and it wouldn't be hard to sell tickets, especially if they include giveaways and such (I'm thinking exclusive variants)
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to General Discussion