[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Amiibo, disney infinity done right?

Amiibo, disney infinity done right?

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

Amiibo, disney infinity done right?

Postby Omenix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:08 am

Now before I begin my rant, I just want to say I don't actually one any Amiibo figures yet, this is based on what I know and have seen.

So amiibo figures cost the same as disney infinity figures, but are different to skylanders, so at least presently I wont compare those. What DI has that skylanders doesn't is recognizable characters, but amiibo also has that, and its better because it actually targets gamers not people who like movies. You can never make those people happy when you make merchandise. But the main point im making here is they are actually very similar, they both focus on being recognized as characters.

And here is where we find a superiority, as toys they share the same or similar goals and marketing, however the games make a difference. No one likes movie games. Its a fact. So DI fails. But everyone has some reason or another to like Nintendo games, particularly Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart, which are 2 of the 3 games that Amiibo figures work in.

Thats the other thing, you go to a shop and you have enough for one figure (obviously skylanders aren't an option. They are so popular they are sold out [wink wink]) so that leaves 2 options, one di figure that works in one 5 hour long mini game with no replay value, or an amiibo that works in 3 full length games with massive replay value, granted they have limited capabilities in said games, but its still there. I know which one I'd choose.

So what does everyone else think? Come Nov 29/21 will you be getting an amiibo?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Amiibo, disney infinity done right?

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:05 am

Amiibos are a big win as a stand alone display figure. I saw them at E3 and the detail was outstanding.

Factor in any extra function past looking cool and you just have a win-win.

I don't know that I'll get them all, but I do plan to pick up a lot of them...I'll probably pre-order very soon...

The next 2 waves look solid as well!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:53 am

Hey 1ofwiisdom, do you intend to do unboxing videos of amiibo? Ive seen 2 unboxings, but they unbox all 12 in about 3 minutes and dont even show a full spherical view of the whole entirety of the figure. In fact your the only one who shows every detail of the figures, which is why I watch your vids more than others.

Its interesting how there seems to be main figures of mario, link and pikachu. These 3 seem to almost be the mascots for amiibo, and if I had to pick a fourth it would be kirby. These are just the more prominent and noticable ones. They are definitely going to be popular.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 am

Only 12 of them are confirmed to work in Mario Kart 8. Pikachu not being one of them. It's not perfect, all 3 franchises have flaws.

Here is a list of the ones that work with Mario Kart 8. http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/#/mario_kart
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:43 am

Yep, I plan to pick a few up and unbox them! Very excited about the Amiibos!

Some people really shouldn't make videos to be honest with you...Misleading titles, inaccurate information, a background of made up drama, or computer generated graphics just kill things. Yet, that is what most people want to see, click on, and continue to go back to...Then external partnerships get involved and cross promote the videos...it gets to be ridiculous.

I like to think I cater to a more intelligent audience. My thoughts on unboxings have always been to be thorough, provide accurate information, address commonly asked questions, and showcase the product so people that watch the video can decide if they want to spend the money for the said product, or don't think it is worthwhile.

I'm very excited for some of the later releases...These will honestly make great display pieces for the price; in game functionality is just a HUGE bonus imo.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 am

Yes. I feel as though I count as a more intelligent audience. Some people simply cater to those who want special effects and such. But then they leave our information like what the toy or product actually DOES or IS. A lot of these products have more than meets the eye initially, but all that meets the eye in those videos are the faces of the youtubers. A couple of the amiibos look quite nice but I want to see MORE of them, whats behind links sheild? Is marios fire really that clear? Is the detail still that perfect on peaches dress?

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:43 am

Well, today is the big day...I will try to get up to TRU and land some on the 3 for $30.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 am

We have to wait another week, but thats a week of playing pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire on my new 3ds :lol:

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:53 am

Yeah, I'd trade for the new 3DS, lol. I went with Alpha Sapphire, but want to get more Trap Team under my belt...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Nintendo